This should be in the game. Don't care how much flak I cop

Puevlo

We're supposed to be trying to get rid of this sort of behaviour in the game, not glorifying it like it's "just another instruction". Sure, some managers might say it to their players, but it doesn't - and shouldn't ever - mean it's acceptable, in real life or in a computer game (and if anyone was ever found to be saying that, I don't care who they are, they should be chucked out - whether it's a lower league manager or Alex Ferguson, and I'm a United supporter).

And frankly, to add "or their neck" is just awful. This might be a computer game with blobs on a 2D pitch, but it's still a simulation of the game, and players, that we love to watch every week, and I'd find it sickening if I was given the option to instruct my player marking Theo Walcott to "break his leg" or "break his neck". It's a bit sick, isn't it?

Sometimes you're playing against a must-beat team who happens to have a star player causing you problems. Could be a top striker or a nimble goalkeeper. So you should be able to issue specific instructions to one of your players to take them out of the game permanently. Most likely you would use an old retiree or a young player you know won't amount to much so that the long ban sentence won't hurt too much.

In the Copa Libertadores final in 1981, there was a very violent Cobreloa player called Mario Soto who was hitting several Flamengo players. In the end of the game, when Flamengo knew they couldn't lose the game, the manager selected Anselmo from the bench to come in as a substitute and punch Mario Soto. And this is what he did (he apparently didn't even touch the ball in the few mins he "played". :cool:

Archived