15.14.0b Game crashes on selecting "import database"

Mine still crashes after the update.

The sequence- start up the game, on the main menu, when I click on "Import Database", Windows tells me "Eastside Hockey Manager has stopped working" and the only option is to close it.

New Game, Load Game, Delete Game all work okay. Running Windows 8, and all previous patches seemed to work okay to choose the import database option.

• SI Staff
Have the same problem with importing the db, but what more, I can start the game with default db 2015, it crashes, and I can't go into preferences, it immediately return me back to starting screen

When you attempt to go to the preferences but it returns you to the start screen, it indicates that the game did not find the game options config file ("game.cfg"). It should have created one from the default settings after you first are returned back to the start screen, but if it still doesn't allow you into the preferences screen, it indicates that you don't have write access to the folder for the application temporary files. Have you tried running the game as administrator ?

• SI Staff

The sequence- start up the game, on the main menu, when I click on "Import Database", Windows tells me "Eastside Hockey Manager has stopped working" and the only option is to close it.

You don't get as far as selecting the db to import at all ? That sounds like a separate issue. What database are you trying to import and where have you placed it ?

When you attempt to go to the preferences but it returns you to the start screen, it indicates that the game did not find the game options config file ("game.cfg"). It should have created one from the default settings after you first are returned back to the start screen, but if it still doesn't allow you into the preferences screen, it indicates that you don't have write access to the folder for the application temporary files. Have you tried running the game as administrator ?

Tried it now, but it's still the same. It just blinks and I'm back.

• SI Staff
Tried it now, but it's still the same. It just blinks and I'm back.

Do you have any special characters by any chance in your Windows username and is it an administrator account ? Can you check if you have any folders/files under the path:

"C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\EHM"

Do you have any special characters by any chance in your Windows username and is it an administrator account ? Can you check if you have any folders/files under the path:

"C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Sports Interactive\EHM"

Yes, I have special char, as I'm from the Czech rep, we have diacritic, and I used it

Yes, it's an administrator account and also the only one on the PC

Yes, there are three: "Logs", "Preferences" and "Temporary"

You don't get as far as selecting the db to import at all ? That sounds like a separate issue. What database are you trying to import and where have you placed it ?

Correct, I don't get that far at all, it just goes straight to the windows "Program has crashed" pop up. I am trying to import any database, I haven't gotten far enough to pick one to try.

Troubleshooting steps: I 'deleted' (moved to my desktop) ALL the db's in my folder except the "Historical" ones from the last update. That allowed the screen to come up, so it appears that some database (and I'll try and find which one) that I have been able to import at least two weeks ago screws it up so I can't even load the screen now.

EDIT: It appears to be if the UUDB 5.5 (From the blue line) is in my database folder, the screen is not accessible.

EDIT 2: I think I foud it, before you could have a folder without an import_config and it would be okay, now there has to be one in the folder.

Archived