Regional leagues - promotions/relegations

TommyD8888

Hi,

I cannot find the place in the editor, where I can specifically link 2 leagues from the same region, so that relegations/promotions will be hadled only between the 2 of them. I've already put the specific details into "regional divisions" tab in the each team and I've put lattitude and longtitude in the stadium of each club, but is there an option to directly link 2 (regional) leagues?

EDIT, OK, found it, my mistake, under the Nation Rules You have to select the parent league -> sub-division -> double-click on the regional division and in general tab there is an option "Division for Promoted Teams" and "Division for Relegated Teams".

It should be added that this is not fool-proof. It also depends on regional division borders, max/min number of teams in a division, and the regional divisions set for each club. And even then it's not a 100 % guarantee...

Yeah, it's a pain in the ass, lighltly speaking... I have the structure as follows (I have included II teams in my league structure):

1) Ekstraklasa - 16 teams - 2 relegated

2) I Liga - 18 teams - 2 promoted, 3 relegated directly, 4th plays the playoff with 4th team from II Liga

3) II Liga - 18 teams - 3 promoted directly, 4th plays the playoff with 4th team from I Liga. 4 Team relegated directly.

4) III Liga - 18 teams in 8 sub-divisions, 4 teams promoted - winners of each sub-division play a playoff for the 4 promotion places, 1 team directly relegated from each sub-division.

5) IV Liga - 18 team in 8 sub-divisions, 1 team wins promotion - directly linked with the III Liga counterpart, no relegations.

6) Inactive regional league - various numbers of the teams in 8 sub-divisions (also linked with their IV Liga counterparts), for the promotions, when the team with reserves in IV Liga gets relegated to this league (automatically kicks out the reserves)

My question here is this - is it possible to balance the regional leagues with set values of teams? I wanted the leagues to have exactly 18 teams, but during my simulation, in 1 or 2 seasons something always goes wrong, and 1 or 2 leagues isn't simmed at all (information showed, that league will start on 8.08.2015, but nothing happens all season - mostly experienced in one of the III Liga sub-divisions, after relegations from II Liga). Is it best to set the values for regional leagues to be between 16-20, in order to avoid any problems. I wonder, how this was created in the England, as it's even more complicated, than this structure.

2nd question - is it possible to set 2 legs in the playoff games, without using advanced editor? In standard nation rules, when You set the teams to play a promotion/relegation playoff it automatically sets it for 1 game on neutral stadium and I want 2 legs playoffs to be played. I've managed to do this in advanced edtior, but I'm afraid I won't be able to balance other things in it, and ending up messing my file completly.

My question here is this - is it possible to balance the regional leagues with set values of teams? I wanted the leagues to have exactly 18 teams, but during my simulation, in 1 or 2 seasons something always goes wrong, and 1 or 2 leagues isn't simmed at all (information showed, that league will start on 8.08.2015, but nothing happens all season - mostly experienced in one of the III Liga sub-divisions, after relegations from II Liga). Is it best to set the values for regional leagues to be between 16-20, in order to avoid any problems. I wonder, how this was created in the England, as it's even more complicated, than this structure.

Well, for the leagues that are already in the game but have weird structures, it is probably hardcoded. Still, most of it should be possible to replicate in the advance deditor, and a lot of it in the basic editor as well.

If your problem is with the teams moving between II and III, maybe the problem is with your regional borders? If you have no borders set, the game should just realign the teams to make sure there are 18 teams in each group - which may mean that a team could be moved to the wrong end of the country to make the numbers fit.

The problem is, the only way to make (almost) sure all teams go into the right groups is to do all of the following - and even then, it's only maybe a 95 % "success rate":

1) Set regional borders for each group and try to make them overlap as little as possible.

2) Link group for promotion/relegation (as you seem to have already done).

3) Make the group sizes fluid as you suggest (16-20 or maybe 14-22 teams, rather than exactly 18)

4) The really time-consuming one: Set regional divisions for each club: specifiy which group they will go into at each level that has subdivisions (e.g. III-A, IV-A).

2nd question - is it possible to set 2 legs in the playoff games, without using advanced editor? In standard nation rules, when You set the teams to play a promotion/relegation playoff it automatically sets it for 1 game on neutral stadium and I want 2 legs playoffs to be played. I've managed to do this in advanced edtior, but I'm afraid I won't be able to balance other things in it, and ending up messing my file completly.

Yes, there should be a box called "number of legs" (or something similar) that you can tick when you set up the playoff. Then you should be able to specify the number (1 or 2).

Hi,

Here is the file I've created, as You can see I have already done anything You suggested :p I've even put borders for the fringe regions, which basicaly lies on the border of Poland. Maybe somebody more advanced, than me will take a look on it, and say if everything is allright, all I can think of to work is to make the regional leagues more fluid (16-20/22), but it sometimes results in odd number of teams in league.

As for the number of legs, I have to enter each sub-division and there is the option of number of legs, not under the parent competition, which is weird...

• 2 months later...

hi guys. Same story here! Actually it's really disappointing. Despite I've done all the most proper tricks to make it happen, the teams goes in the wrong league.

Even in this very simple case:

In both group A (east) and B (west) a team has to be promoted (1 team per each group):

- team 1 is from the very east of the country (both city and "regional league" is set, borders are set for each regional league - on the top of that city from where team 1 is coming from is one of the borders)

- team 2 is from west

well...team 2 went to the east group and team 1 in the west. Really bad.

I guess it shouldn't be that hard to set...even because...why to set minimum and maximum team..when then the league keeps always with the same partecipants?

@SI..please help!

This happens every year since many! Please fix it!

- team 2 is clear

Archived