FM2014 - Changing Prize / Tv Money in a Live Game

Charly

I apologise for my stupidity, as I have seen multiple threads asking a similar questions, but I am pulling my hair our trying to work out exactly what to do, or if it is even possible…

I have reached 2039 in FM2014, and felt like shaking things up a bit by updating the TV and Prize money in the EPL. FMRTE does not seem to allow this, and the in game editor is a bit naff.

The Database editor seems like it may be the thing, But I always thought that it was a pregame editor. Indeed all of the questions asked on various forums seem to indicate starting a new league.

But… I am sure hundreds of years ago I updated the German teams on a previous FM after I had started the league (it was a while ago, and I am getting old, so I may have dreamt it).

This forum sort of explains how to do it on the welsh league:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-editing-discussion/123100-how-change-prize-money.html

I wasn’t clear if that was for a new game or an existing game. I am sure there must be another step to upload it into an existing game, using and XMl file or some such thing. I have found that when you first “Add Nation Rules it allow you to specify the year”, so there must be a way to do it?

So basically if you can confirm if it is possible using the method above, or point me in the direction of an explanation. Obviously if anyone knows of any other workaround or editor, I would be very happy to hear it.

I have tried to give it (the editor) a quick fiddle, but it looks like it could take a lot of time to set up, as the prize money is staggered, and the tv money is a flat fee, and per game shown, and I do not want to spend ages setting up the tables only to realise it will not work anyway.

Cheers in advance!

there is no way you can use the pre game editor now if you want to continue with your saved game

what you want to do is relatively easy but you would have to start a new save so pointless for your needs.

what I normally do is adjust prize money slightly/tv money etc in several leagues in pre game editor that way if you do get into a long save you can then using FMRTE edit those figures to be more realistic in future(as you have activated them earlier using pre game editor they now show up in FMRTE)

I have requested the option to add files into a save game I cant see why not similar to adding extra playable nations....make a post in request thread in the sticky you never know it might get added one day

Oh well, its no big deal. Shame I did not know about that on FMRTE.

So the advanced editor *IS* a pregame editor. Not sure why I thought otherwise...

I cant imagine they would update FM2014 now anyway.

Thanks for the reply.

My ultimate request would be to be able to use a save from a previous version when the latest FM comes out. Cant see them doing that either

Cheers mate!

no problem

the advanced rules are accessed via the pre game editor to access them is easy and details are in sticky FAQ

once you have changed something like prize money it then seems to show up in fmrte thus allowing future editing in a saved game

It is a total pain you cant add a file to a current save ......some things you obviously couldn't as it would conflict and crash, but with you adding a file with extra prize money to kick in 2040 then that shouldn't cause any issues, the only problem would be if you had a file in use from that nation ie only 1 advanced rule file per nation, so you should be able to replace the existing file for a nation with the new file. We do it with graphic files etc and that works

Hang on. I am confused.

Are you saying that is a workaround, or only for a new game. If I started a new game, an I import data from my save and start in 2040?

you misunderstood, but I wasnt clear.... my last point re 2040 is what I want SI to implement the option to add a file like this later in a save ie 2040 for you, not possible as things stand, but should be easy to implement and as long as there are no conflicting file, namely another set of same nation advanced rules being used, if so they can be replaced with new file as per the add playable nation/s in game which takes effect usually when a new season is being generated in game for that said nation, so that's when new prize money/tv deals are being allocated so would be no issues

Archived