Player Roles and PPMs

Hey all,

I know it's a little late in the day for FM15 but I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a table or chart or something out there that has a guide to which PPMs go better with which Player Role in general.

Obviously i'm aware that certain PPMs can be used to help make certain players behave in the desired way but I've always struggled to know which PPMs are worth learning and which aren't which has left me making all strikers learn to "try and break the offside trap" and "place shots" as was as all wide players "dribbling down" the appropriate wing as well as "getting forward whenever possible" without really thinking about why i'm teaching my players to do these other than i read about it somewhere a couple of years ago.

So any help that is received with the matter of better understanding PPM would be very much appreciated for future games.

If you want a player to play to his assigned role/duty as much as possible, then no PPM's at all would surely be best. Besides that, I don't think you should focus that much on what PPM's suits a role/duty, but what PPM's suits your tactics and the way you want your team to play. Some PPM's are nothing more than extensions (or indeed subtractions) of the instructions they already have in their designated role/duty, and is as such unneccessary - or at least you shouldn't waste training time on making them want to do what their role/duty already tells them to do, if you understand what I'm saying. And if you want your players to be highly versatile, to be able to play in more than one specific position and in more than one specific role/duty, and in more than one specific tactic/style - be very careful about training any extra PPM's at all.

Other PPM's are more "generalist", and adds (or subtracts) "flair" that can be useful in any role/duty, tactic and way of play, and some PPM's are generally just negative traits to have.

If you want a player to play to his assigned role/duty as much as possible, then no PPM's at all would surely be best. Besides that, I don't think you should focus that much on what PPM's suits a role/duty, but what PPM's suits your tactics and the way you want your team to play. Some PPM's are nothing more than extensions (or indeed subtractions) of the instructions they already have in their designated role/duty, and is as such unneccessary - or at least you shouldn't waste training time on making them want to do what their role/duty already tells them to do, if you understand what I'm saying. And if you want your players to be highly versatile, to be able to play in more than one specific position and in more than one specific role/duty, and in more than one specific tactic/style - be very careful about training any extra PPM's at all.

Other PPM's are more "generalist", and adds (or subtracts) "flair" that can be useful in any role/duty, tactic and way of play, and some PPM's are generally just negative traits to have.

I have a dumb question re: the bolded part. As an example, for my WM(S) I shouldn't bother training a PPM like "Gets Further Forward" because I can select it using the PI or by changing his role to WM(A). Am I understanding that correctly?

Archived