FM16: Breel Embolo: The Swiss Wonderkid

davehanson

My ML/MR both play with Attacking only duties. Also main scorers in the team, so I can pretty much say both are like AML/AMR. I've tried him there, first match 2 goals. I will check if he wil progress on left side (the key is that he is right footed) and will update.

My ML/MR both play with Attacking only duties. Also main scorers in the team, so I can pretty much say both are like AML/AMR. I've tried him there, first match 2 goals. I will check if he wil progress on left side (the key is that he is right footed) and will update.

You playing 4-1-4-1? How you got that setup like that for your ML/MR to score lots?

• 2 weeks later...
Is Embolo best on compete forward-support?

I would say he performs better on right wing, but I played him as F9 one season and he scored 19 goals/4 assists in 36 matches.

You playing 4-1-4-1? How you got that setup like that for your ML/MR to score lots?

Sorry mate for late reply, I PMed you :)

Ive never been able to get consistent performances out of him as a striker, granted ive never given him a prolonged run up front but his stats for me were always better suited to those of a winger and his favoured natural role is as a right winger so thats where ive always played him and hes performed best hence ive trained and played him exclusively in that role/position.

Screenshot of him in 2018 on my current save:

x8EUup.png

So I've been scouting Breel Embolo for 2016 summer signing; him and a few other forwards, but I'm most confident in him (I'm playing Liverpool, btw). Came January's transfer window, Sporting/Porto/Benfica bid for him for a measly sum of 18mil. Alright, then, change of plan, I'm gonna have to snap him now instead of waiting 'till summer. So I matched the bid and got it accepted.

And he refused! I talked to him and he said that he was very ambitious and that my club didn't match his ambition or some crap. I didn't even get to the negotiation stage, he flat out refused and moved to Portugal instead.

My club lacking ambition? We're sitting pretty at the summit of Premiership and well on track for domestic clubs, how dare he!

But anyway, his Minimum Fee Release Clause is only 48mil, so I'll come back in the summer after a trophy or two won and CL secured. He better not be bleating out about "ambition" this time ;)

Archived