DAMUS MAXIMUS

Managers Profile:

Season: 2025/26

Club: AJ Auxerre

League: French Ligue 2

Media Prediction: 4th

Season expectations:

Season budgets:

Although we managed to finish last season in 10th place, that position greatly flattered us, and it doesn't give a true reflection of how our season had progressed.

We spent atleast 80-90% of the season battling to keep ourselves out of the relegation zone, it was only thanks to a late run of form, winning all but 1 of our final 5 or 6 games that lifted us into 10th place.

So i was under no illusions, there was a LOT of work to be done during this pre-season as a massive improvement was required if we were to have any chance of successfully achieving the boards ambitious expectation of a TOP HALF FINISH this season.

Atleast I would be allowed to keep what remained of last seasons transfer budget to help achieve this, That was around the 1.3Million mark after the sale of some of our youth prospects for what, to a french ligue 2 side atleast, were massive fees.

PRE- SEASONS TRANSFER PAGE:

1. R. Gace M/AMC free

2. M. Yumakogullari *** AML free

3. P. Dieng DR/DMC loan

4. A. Hajdarevic DR/L 220k

5. J. Ziadi ST loan

6. V. Francois MC loan

7. R. Caniston DM/MC free

8. A, Mendes *** MC/AML free

9. E. Demir *** AMR 250k

10. R. Munro DC free

11. M. D'Angelo DC free

12. N. Vasile DL 700k

With the club set to welcome so many new faces all at the same time, our immediate focus switched to integrating them into the team and getting them to develop an understanding with each other as quickly as possible, to try and speed this process up i adjusted the teams training schedule from being one that was fitness based to high intensity team cohesion.

Unfortunately, it would still take some time before we'd see the benefits out on the field, and with the season already underway it was a predictably slow start to the campaign:-

13th sept results:

just 2 wins in our opening 7 games saw us in the bottom half of the league, 13th.

13th sept league (13th):

There was an unusual pattern starting to show with our results, in general, it is considered to be more advantageous for a team to play at home, rather than away, but a brief glance at our home/away results suggests the exact opposite.

home/away form:

10 games in and we'd lost 4 of our 5 home ties, but won 4 of our 5 away games, Its possible this may be a symptom of our low team chemistry with such a high number of recent arrivals in the squad.

Happily, the situatin quickly sorted itself out and our home form greatly improved.

29th oct results:

This saw us catapult up to as high as 4th the league.

29th oct league (4th):

By 1st January, we had climbed another place into 3rd thanks to an excellent run of form, 8 wins from 13 games allowed us to relax and enjoy the New Year celebrations.

1st jan results:

Although we were 3rd and on great form, it was important not to get over confident and complacent, after all there was just 5 pts seperating 3rd place from 10th, Troyes were the new year table toppers, and judging by their season so far, the rest of the yrams in Ligue 2 were struggling, and ultimately failing to keep pace with them, they had opened up a 9 point lead over 2nd place.

1st jan league ( 3rd ):

We didn't make the best of starts to 2026, managing to win just 1 of our 1st 5 fixtures.

11th feb results:

IMPOSSIBLE LYON CUP TIE:

We also faced mission imposble in the cup, a Monday night massacre at the hands of stu's merciless Lyon outfit, we took the field knowing that just keeping the score in single figures would be a challenge. In the end we managed to limit them to just the 5 goals.

By early february we'd slipped 2 places in ligue 2 to 5th.

11th feb league (5th):

As we approached the end of february, It was time to discover what new talent our youth development programme had produced,

28th Feb youth intake:

the 15yr old ST immediately catches the eye, he's already got 1* ability and posesses the top 5* potential, he is without doubt, this years hottest prospect.

As the season progressed into its final month, our form had stagnated and, if anything we were losing ground on the top 3, a run of 3 games without a win didn't help the situation.

8th April results: http://prntscr.com/aubzpf

Although we were, up to now, managing to maintain our position in the league. (5th)

8th April league (5th) :

As we approached the last few games of the season, any small glimmer of hope that remained that we could sneak 3rd place and with it a promotion to L1 were finally extinguished.

25th April ligue 2:

If i'm honest, i'm actually glad we weren't able to achieve promotion, i think a brutally honest analysis of our squad and you'd have to admit that its not yet up to the standard required to compete in Ligue 1, We'd be clear favourites to go straight back down.

it would be far better for the clubs long term future to remain in ligue 2 for atleast another season, maybe even 2, steadily improving the standard of our squad all the time.

If we can do that, we'll stand a much better chance of not only achieving promotion into Ligue 1, but of managing to remain there.

LIGUE 2 FINAL STANDINGS:-

beb%20small%20badge%20new%20team%20badge.jpg

AndyF - Bourg en Bresse Peronnas 01

So far performances haven't been what I was expecting, after finishing last season quite strong and carrying that on in preseason and then into the first couple of games of the current campaign I was quite confident that we would do pretty well. We sat top of the league after 2 games but since then its been nothing but disastrous in all honesty with us slipping down to 14th place in the league and being knocked out of Europe at the group stage. In January I'll be looking to splash some of the £100m+ transfer budget that we currently have to try and turn things round, if not then I think I'll be getting a call from the chairman for a quite word in my ear.

league%20pos%20halfway%2012.jpg

Hopefully in my EoS post things will have worked out for the better and I'll still be in a job.

Until Next Time....

DAMUS MAXIMUS :

Season: 2026/27

Club: AJ Auxerre

Media Prediction ( 4th ) :

Season expectations:

Well, I suppose nothing lasts forever, in this instance its Sir Maximus's reign as Auxerre's manager that cones to a disappointing end, Its hard to identify one particular reason we'd underachieved so badly.

We had a busy pre-season, signing a total of 13 players. Looking back now, this was where i made the 1st, and probably biggest mistake, it meant we had 2 many players competing for a starting XI spot.

But there is little doubt as to who our best signing of the summer was.

#1. A. Mandrea GK FREE :

On the field we underperformed pretty much from the opening game, we did have our good days, and some decent results, but we weren't able to build on it and develop any form of consistency.

The first half of the season, though by no means a total disaster, was WELL below the standard i know we're capable of, and more importantly, what the board was expecting.

4th DEC LIGUE 2 (11th):

4th Dec results:

Unfortunately, at the worst possible time, i missed a full nights session that covered nearly the entire january window and my assistant incharge of team for 7 games.

This was the result:

RETURN 29TH JAN RESULTS:

When i returned we were just a few places above the relegation zone.

RETURN 29TH JAN LEAGUE:

I was also facing questions about my future for the first time since taking charge.

JOB SECURITY 29TH JAN:

Things didn't exactly go to plan in my first game back either, losing 5-2, the boards patience was wearing thin:

1st FEB BOARD MEETING:

My only option was to promise nothing less than a win in our next fixture.

AJ Auxerre 3 - 3 USBCO FT

6th feb SACKED:

I decided to wait out the remainder of the season before deciding what our next challenge will be.

beb%20small%20badge%20new%20team%20badge.jpg

AndyF - Bourg en Bresse

underperformers.jpg

'Underperformers' sums us up overall this season if I'm being honest, a top half finish was not what I was hoping for last year and if it wasn't for our performances in the last 12 games where we picked up some memorable wins then a relegation place finish may well have been on the cards. This after winning our opening 2 games of the season and then a shocking run in which we only picked up 21pts from the next 24 games seeing us slip as far down as 16th place.

last%2012_1.jpg

On to the cups and we never set any of the 3 competitions we participated in alight, domestically the furthest we reached was a Quarter final spot in the Coupe de la Ligue and in in the Europa League we crashed out in the group stages.

Transfers

In the summer I made the decision to let three quality players (also big earners) leave the club after receiving bids I felt I couldn't refuse but looking back now it wasn't a wise choice to let Enoksen join Real Madrid and my No1 GK Soulyeman Bamba leave for Man City.

trans%20s12.jpg

rec%20trans.jpg

The owner once again pumped his money in to the club with the grounds capacity being increased by an extra 8,000+ which will be finished just before the end of the year.

NEW%20UPGRADE%2012.jpg

Until Next Time.....

Stuart - Lyon 4qpuyx.png

Ohh what might of been fighting it out all season long with sean, hanging in there in 2nd hoping sean would slip up, He beat me 2-1 at home to move 5 points clear but the game was in feb so there was still time to rally and catch him. We had to dig in at times nicking games 1-0 sometimes with all the luck in the world on our side. Then sean drew to the bottom side and then drew again knocking the gap down to 2 points. Sean had to go away to Andy who by now turned his season around and was playing a system with 2 AMC ( a nightmare to mark ) and sean came unstuck and got beat 5-3 with me winning again i found myself top of the league with 4 games to go. The Trouble was my last 2 games of the season was Monaco at home and PSG away so i needed more than a 1 point gap going into them games. After a 3-1 home win against Monaco it went to the last game of the season still only 1 point clear knowing i any slip up would hand Sean the league, and that's just what i did, 2-0 down at half time saw the dreams of winning the league a distant memory. We pulled one goal back in the 2nd half but by then it was all to late, Sean had won 5-0 so it was a 2nd place finish again for me.

Its was a tough one to take as we had played so well all season and dug in when we had to, Only to lose it on the final day. It seem to sum my season up as i was 3-0 in the Semi Final Coupe cup against PSG only to lose 4-3 after extra time. We went out in the semi Final of the french up on pens to lens when we really should of won. There seems to be a patten that the players dont like the big games and hide away when it comes to the crunch because when i see how they play most of the season and then when the big games come up they seem to be a whole other side. 1-2 Loss to Sean the last game of the season added with the cups are a stark reminder that yes we are improving as a team but there the mindset of the side can be weak and how you go about changing that i have no idea. There was some good news in the form of the Champions league, Our first crack at it saw us get the Q'final where we went out to a very good Chelsea side 5-0 over the 2 legs. But the stand out performance of the whole season was knocking out the mighty Barcelona a 2-0 home win followed by 2-1 away defeat was enough to send us into the last 8.

Season overall

2jaccpt.png

347794y.png

1zczvjo.png

Summer window

A nightmare is all i can say about the start of my window. My Super star Striker Arab still didn't want to sign a new deal and with only 1 year left on his deal i had to sell, it is heart breaking as i think me might of done if i had won the league of even one of the cups. Porto was the side who came in for him. 30m up front with 8million over 12 months. Its good money for a player with only a year left on his deal but still left me in need of signing a player like Arab ( No easy job) to fill now what a massive gap in my forward line. This came in the way of the Italian Andrea Glordano the same age as Arab so there is room for improvement is an ideal replacement for the out going Arab, and at 21Million left me with more than enough money to add to the side. Below is my business so far.

2vxlgnn.png

oksitz.png

iep3i9.jpg

Season ahead

WIN SOMETHING. Don't care what it is these player ( and myself ) have to show we dont bottle it when it comes to the crunch. We all know sean will be up there again and andy has finally spent some of his owners Billions so look for him to be fighting for a top 4 finish. The idea is the same as last season, hang round like a bad smell and keep the pressure on Sean as much as i can, but the aim is to win something.

Well that's you all upto date on a season of ifs and maybes

Till next time

Us Orleans

Well what a season! on this game all u ask for is a bit of excitement and competition and that's exactly what I got, my side beat their highest points tally yet last season so that was a massive plus for me and it shows we definitely had a good season but we were pushed all the way by Stu's very stubborn Lyon side who would not go away and even pipped me off top spot late on, the season was pretty steady from us in terms of form we never really let slip for long we always were up there pitching but so was Stu's Lyon, when he took over me I thought it was curtains for me and id blown a golden chance of another league win and the game I happened to blow it against was bottom of the bloody league Clermont food!!! something my team hadn't done all season they done it at the worst possible time and did not show up, but Stu had two tough last games and I just sat there waiting and hoping for a slip up and slip up he did on the final day of the season and in came a rallied Orleans side to rattle home a routine 5-0 home victory to send the Orleans faithful into raptures, big credit to Stu tho for making such a big impact on Lyon in such a short space of time.

Domestic cups - The old story of bad in one cup good in the other for me again but at least the cup we were good in we happened to win it which again is fantastic! a league and cup double the Orleans party bus is heading round France as we speak! we actually played **** poor in the final of the cup but because our opponents were not of the very strong variety ( lens ) we managed to hold out.

Europe - Well what can I say I wanted to nail down a regular champions league spot and we have done that we got to the quarter final this year which wasn't last years achievement of the semi's but it was still something and still had a very positive affect on my bank balance which is the aim, my club came second in my group which made life difficult in the knockout stages but we managed to thump Roma quite easily to be fair and then eventually get dumped out in the quarters.

Claudio%20Longhi_zpslh0zyqrc.png

Here is my main man last season my rock and my future captain Claudio Longhi the longer this guy plays like this the harder it is to keep him at Orleans, as you can see his Value has plummeted and he is a ready made world class player no ifs or buts! the guy played over 8.00 rating last season and for an average rating that shows just how outstanding he was from the very first game until the last, he was picked up for a small fee many seasons ago and now look at him! class act.

EOS%20FORM._zpsofew68j5.png

If you look here my teams form was irresistible we broke a personal club unbeaten record but even despite that Lyon would not lie down and at the bottom you will see two loses in a row this put us behind Lyon and only by a stroke of fortune and Stu bottling it :p did we manage to nick it back, what a season it was I'm sure it will be very hard to top that!

Window - so far not so much down so can't post much really sold a few unhappy players and a couple of dead weights iv loaned out a load of kids and people who need further development and iv yet to make a marquee signing, another quiet window for Orleans perhaps all though I would say I defo need to make some moves to stay on top with Stu and now free spending Fallo lurking.

Window summary to follow.

IhHUuLK.png

*sigh* I'm getting a bit tired of writing these types of posts for this FM... But here we are again... Another dissapointing season... After having crushed L2 last season with Nantes, we were now in L1 a bit earlier than I had hoped... The team was in no shape to be up there, and I knew I was in for a fight...

I had a fairly busy window...

Gm45DEZ.png

I knew chances had to be made in order to improve our chances of staying up... In L2 we were dependent on 3 key loan players that performed well throughout the season, including Bovo from Manchester United, who was without a doubt the player of the season... In came Dugdale, who actually was a very good replacent, who went on to win signing of the season...

z9CHhzj.png

23 games into the season, we found ourselves in 19th, and to be honest, I was fully expecting to be down there fighting to stay up, but I was expecting the board to back me after last season, but after a november and december, where it seemed like we were about to find our footing in the league, we hit the dreaded Monaco, Lyon and PSG streak...

c6zGCdu.png

After losing 1-2 away to PSG, the board was unhappy with the performance and demanded a better result in the next game against Saint-Etienne... A game we went on to lose 2-4 after a drama of a game, where we had several chances to get a good result...

0cWU8Zi.png

So.. On I went... Fairly angry at the board for not backing me after I was starting to really like the club and the setup I had there, especially with a few decent youth prospect, the best of them went on to sign for Inter directly afterwards...

After a few weeks on the sidelines, I decided to create a new profile, as it didn't seem like I could get a good job with my current profile despite the league win under the belt...

I went on to Stade Brestois who where just outside the promotion places in L2 and spent the remaining months trying to get to know the club, sign some new staff and get a sense of how to play the team in the new season...

Angers SCO 2026/27 Season Review

Great season this year, with only youth players or players who came at young age to Angers we secure a promotion place.

ye27rKf.png

Yannis Ngakoutou won the player of the year award from the fans ( 4th time ), he's becoming an icon at Angers.

GnyP9QH.png

Also our young goalie won the goalkeeper of the season award, Durand came straight out of our youth system. This year was his 2nd season as

our main goalie and did a great job ( 63 games / 75 goals conceded )

gSqRb0t.png

Durand Attributes:

yf7VptS.png

Also i won the Manager of the year Awards in Ligue 2:

3mPIL4v.png

Fixtures:

OvZOUyX.png

3vBwM0Z.png

I can be very proud of our young squad for this season, we will continue working the same way for next year. Mainly focussing on our youth system.

We will keep trying to brew our on players and give a chance to our youth.

Our facilities will be upgrade for an amount of 5M and will go to excellent training facilities, this is the right way for my club.

After 2 year's we are back in Ligue 1 and our only focus this year is to stay above the relegation zone and will anything to achieve this.

double%20dadge_1.jpg

AndyF - BEB Peronnas 01

Halfway thru the winter transfer window and after 22 games we currently find ourselves sitting in 4th place fighting it out for a Champions League place, a top 4 place will do this year as France picked up an extra qualification place for next season due to there rise in the coefficients.

top%204%20so%20far.jpg

Defensively we have improved hugely this campaign and are in the top 5 for least goals against so far and 'touch wood' lets hope this continues as ever since we have been in the top flight the minimum we have conceded in a season is a shocking 63.

def%202.jpg

def%201.jpg

Only 2 additions so far this season and there is unlikely to be any more this month as I like to keep an eye on the financial side of things and not go out and splash some of the owners billions (contrary to reports), so i'll see out the rest of the season with who I have at my disposal and see how things turn out.

Until Next Time....

Us Orleans

Season so far - Well as seen on the tables we host a decent lead on the table so things are going pretty well we have had a solid start to the campaign and aside from on little spell were things looked bleak we have been consistent, our home form of note has been awesome I have only drew two matches and one was against Fallon so credit to him for that and the other was a game that should never of been lost in a million years, iv set myself a personal target of beating last seasons points tally which again would show a sign of improvement and at this stage in my career all I'm wanting is to move forward any way shape or form if my clubs growing then so is my smile.

Europe - To be fair things have not went swimmingly for me in Europe, I tried at the start to rotate my squad and tactics to give the first 11 a rest and to keep my opponents guessing tactically, but having drawn somewhat of a group of death I found myself having to get back to what we have been doing best! the disappointment for me was only finishing second in the group now we have landed ourselves a mammoth of a draw for the knockout stages which is not good.

Off the Park - Well on several occasions I have got myself into such a promising position financially and my board have gone and ruined it... doing silly things like building a new stadium only 3 years after getting a new one and upgrading it ... so we are paying 100 million for a stadium that holds 3k more seats than our 3 year old stadium I mean come on? so yeah things like that have seriously hurt our progress and instead of being able to invest heavily in the squad iv found myself recently spending nothing and selling to balance the books, one small positive is that my club as a whole is slowly but surely growing and that is something I'm happy with, my aim in the next few years is to start to build my youth development up I need to start bringing through youngsters and get Orleans known for quality produce.

Jan outs - Bouzidi 33.5m

Jan Ins - None yet

Stay tuned for a little update soon.

I apologize if I shouldn't be doing this but I would like to apply to join in with you lads, I asked the creator of this thread but I've had no reply within the last 24 hours. Thanks.

I apologize if I shouldn't be doing this but I would like to apply to join in with you lads, I asked the creator of this thread but I've had no reply within the last 24 hours. Thanks.

Someone will contact you soon, if not PM me your email and I'll pass it on. I'm currently not playing FM at the moment.

On a side note, winning the league on GD Stu....feeling for you Sean.

beb%20small%20badge_5.jpg

AndyF - Bourg

After the previous seasons not so impressive finishing position in the league, this campaign was all about bucking our ideas up and showing some big improvements in all areas.

The main issue to deal with was the amount of goals that we concede with us averaging 72 GA over the last 4 seasons and I was happy with the way things went, even thou we did leak 48 goals which finished off any title hopes it's a step in the right direction. In the upcoming season we now need to find away of reducing the amount conceded even further if we have any chance of closing the gap on the top 2 of Stu and Sean. Scoring wasn't a problem as usual with Eduardo leading the charge with 26 league goals contributing to a total of 95 only beaten by Lyon.

With us defensively tighter and goals galore we ended up 27pts better off this season than last which clinched that all important 3rd place ahead of Monaco on GD and automatic qualification for the group stages of the champions league. Lyon and Orleans were the only teams we suffered a loss against in the 2nd half of the seasons games picking up 47 points out of 57 along the way.

2nd%20half%2027%2028%20p%201.jpg

2nd%20half%2027%2028%20p%202.jpg

Sochaux did the double over us both times on our travels in the domestic cup competitions which was bit of a disappointment as I was looking to go to a semi final at least in one of them.

cups%2027%2028.jpg

Season Transfers

More departures than arrivals over the 2 transfer windows as we looked to trim the squad to a more manageable size and for a healthy profit with only £10M spent on 2 players which takes the amount spent on players by the club since my arrival to £391M, this is still someway short of Seans total spend by almost a £¼B.

trans%2027%2028.jpg

On a personal note I passed the 500 careers games in management mark and a 2-1 win in the penultimate game of the season against Sochaux was pleasing due to the cup losses

500%20games.jpg

Currently in the summer transfer window and so far those that arrived are going to provide cover for the first XI and with one departure for big money this has enabled the club to boost the coffers by another £20M after taking into account our buys . I was looking to splash the cash and I put forward the clubs biggest ever offer of £90M for regen Stephen Cook now at Chelsea after leaving Everton for £36M as a 20yr old but this was quickly rebuffed by billionaire owner Abramovich.

cook%20bid.jpg

End of part 1

beb%20small%20badge_5.jpg

AndyF - BEB Peronnas 01

Part 2

summary%20bourg%2027%2028.jpg

awards%2027%2028%201.jpg

awards%2027%2028%202.jpg

Ulrich Nnomo was reward for his loyalty after being granted a testimonial after signing on a free 11 years ago now after being released from La Berrichone and has gone on to become a club legend.

nnomo%20sats%2010%20yr.jpg

nnomo%20testi.jpg

nnomo%20testi%202.jpg

Until Next Time...

3wJ3iWI.png

After my failed season with FC Nantes in L1, I went back down to L2 to be in charge of Stade Brestios... I team I took while they were safely placed a few points away from the promotion spots in L2, and we finished 6th... 12 points away from the promotion spots... I spent this time trying to get a sense of the team, and in summer window, major changes took place with around 21 players leaving the side permanently and some other going out on loan...

g0xmSqH.png

This meant that the team was fairly weak, and I had several players I needed to find... Our weakest part of the team was without a doubt the DL and DR positions... Positions I often find myself struggling with finding good players for at this point in the game... I was furthermore left without any senior keeper, as both keepers were unhappy and wanted to leave... So I had to go on the hunt for two new keepers as well...

xalDVMX.png

We didn't have the best start to the season, and we went quickly out of the Coupe de la Ligue after a penalty shoot-out against Clermont Foot, who went on to dominate the league that season... But this poor start meant that I came under pressure from the get-go that season...

0XY4hRM.png

s13%20eow%20l%202_1.jpg

22 games into the season, we had bounced back, and we were actually doing well... But a game against PSG in the 10th round of the French Cup hit us hard, and for the remainder of the season, we struggled in most matches...

The board wanted a top half finish, and to be honest, the conditions were all there for me to achieve that, but a poor defence and some injuries along the way and my star striker not really performing as well as he should have, meant that we wound up just below midtable... Despite the poor position, we were actually not far from the spots just outside of promotion, so I feel the position was kind of harshly judged by the board...

BgrAIgQ.png

Well... Onward again, I guess... This time, I've moved on to RC Strasbourg Alsace... The team that finished 17th in the league last season and a team where the finances aren't great... I'm hoping the team will be a sleeping giant that is ready to wake up, but to brutally honest, the current window has been difficult, and I'm right now struggling to put together a team that has what it takes to do well this season... But, seeing as we haven't played any leagues yet, I might be painting a worse picture of the situation than it really is, so we'll see once the ligue starts off later today...

Us Orleans

Well this season by any means was not a peach for us, we struggled in the cups mostly due to being unlucky with our draws to be fair to us we got Monaco and PSG and Lyon so our route was one that saw French football pay what it had to pay to see us not make the finals, in the league we done ok for 3 years running we have hit 88 points 91 points and now 90 losing it on goal difference to Stu's mighty and yet again corrupt Lyon side, when Us Orleans were leading in the final few games by 3 goals all we had to do was match Lyon for goals in the final few games but sadly due to payments made to certain opposition Lyon happened to win 6-0 and 4-0 in their final two games, until concrete evidence is brought forward to the French courts the rumours of pay offs will stay rumours but we have it on very good authority Le Pen and his band of criminals at Lyon paid off their opposition who had nothing to play for and offered a massive hand out to those who stopped Orleans scoring 2 goals or more.

My side has struggled more this season due to luck with fixtures and bad luck with injuries I think, we had no choice but to sell Bouzidi or experienced 28 year old vice captain of around 10 years had to bee sold for 34.5m our balance was really suffering thanks to the boards mishaps we had literally built a balance to be proud of and then the board decides to build a new stadium for 148m 2 years after we had just built a stadium.... this may sound like excuses but it crippled us and set us back financially, forced to once again sell to buy our total sales now stands at roughly 900m with only a measly 600m being spent in a total of 13 seasons, Bouzidi was the only sale that made sense because of his age and at the time he had just recovered from an injured that had really set his match fitness back, so we sold him with the hope to replace him with a cheaper younger player and what happened was thee board swallowed the money and gave us nothing and then we got a 9 month injury to our best CB, this turned into a nightmare we did not want or need, we had players paying no where near ready to be playing at the top of the table and guys out of position, but what I will say is my excuses and disappointment aside a big congrats to Stu who has taken a club who's first team wasn't doing it and in 2 years turned them into title winners, Lyon are a side of massive pedigree of the field with youth facilities and produce to be proud of and a set up a good manager good thrive in Studini is definitely thriving! well done big man and also well done to Andy back in the champions league I'm sure its the start of something big for him, and a big FINALLY welcome to Ligue 1 for Damo I hope he can keep his suger daddy happy.

LG%20TAB_zpsudoyu3nb.png

As you can see we lost out by a few goals in the end hats of two Lyon worthy winners and themselves had a great season, its good that two humans are having this sort of battle its a good advert for PGC, and it shows the quality inside I know we are far into the game but each manager has had a marvellous and hard journey in a league stricken by financial poverty! the task to put PSG and MONACO in their place wasn't easy but I think they now know their place hehe :D

BAD%20INJ_zpss4nwhhgf.png

This is big Villa! my main man the steady rock as always, deadline day in January he was crocked for 9 months! no time or money to replace completed took us by surprise and his presence was sadly missed, we had a young project who I bought to develop and play as back up this year come in and take his place and when he got inj/suspended I was left with midfielders in the back :(

Stand%20in%20man_zpskmanuzaa.png

This was the young replacement for Villa, he wasn't as good as he looks now his stats and development have came on leaps and bounds thanks to the gametime and experience of being rushed into first team football, the lad is now gonna be part of a quality 3 at the back!

Window - So far spent 60m on projects and young players and sold about 100m worth of pure talent and older players so once again iv taken a risk, but what Iv done is iv balanced out options in area's so I now have sufficient cover were needed all be it young and inexperienced players but I'm hoping they have a big part to play this season and in particular our future, selling to buy has always been the Orleans way years back we had the youngest squad in the league 3 years running and I'm gonna go back down that road, its always good to have these young guys blossoming in the backround.

PGC welcomes Scott Tyson to the clan! and until next time that's all from me.

Stuart - Lyon s44586.png

MAKE MINE A DOUBLE \--/ \--/. At long last we broken the hoodo and have won the League and French league cup. It was one hell of a season yet again and this time was even closer than last season with goal diffrence being the only thing to separate me and sean. I got off to a very slow start and found myself up against it with stypid losses that saw me 10 points off sean after 9 games. Sean on the other hand went first 5 games of the season without letting a goal in, it was all very worrying and though my challage was over before we had even got to christmas. But then it started to change and a the most borning 0-0 draw away to sean seem to change my whole season as i went on a run winning 6 of 8 only to lose 2-1 to andy thanks to an Og right at the end. But now seans form had left him and we was starting to close the gap but i had to stop losing games and start picking up the points when sean was losing them.

On the 18th of December we played Monaco and lost 2-1, this was to be my last league loss of the season as we on to win 15 of our next 17 games a run i never dreamed of , and that run saw us over the line. With 2 games to go i was 3 goals down on sean and i had to go for it, we both had the same points and both played the same teams in the final 2 games so it came down to goals. So i went for it all out attack, I knew i had to double what ever score sean was getting 1,0 2,0 3,0 4,0 before HT i looked at sean score he was 0-0. So there was the goals made up now i needed to kick on in the 2nd half and i did 4 became 5 and before the end 6th goal!! sean had finished his game and had only won 1-0, In one game i had made up the GD and was now sitting top for the 1st time this season with only 1 game to go.

We had been in this situation last season, the final day only to lose it. But this time my hand was forced and i had to go for it as there was only 1 goal in it. So away from home i went overload from the start, something i have never done away, The 1st 30 flew by and i saw sean was winning 1-0 and then he went 2-0 and i had that same old feeling as i watched my side miss chance after chance. THEN THE BREAKTHOUGH! 1-0 just before HT GET IN!!. Half time came and i told the players i was unhappy and to go out there and battle like your lifes depended on it, The message got through, 2,0 3,0 4,0 THE LEAGUE WAS OURS!! but we was not finished 5,0 6,0!!! and thencame FT. i didnt need to check seans score 12 goals in 2 games was more than enough to see us over the line and let the party start!!!.

Its maybe the crazyest way i have ever one a League and tho the feeling at the end was great it is something you dont want every season, tho with me and sean now so evenly matched i dont see anything changing next season either.

My Season

2i9jsow.jpg

2pq9c9l.png

2ci70ue.png

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE

My champions league draw was even worse with me pit against Manchester United and and the old lady Juventus and my 1st game saw me lose away 4-0 to utd with juventus next. A 2-2 draw saw me with 1 point from 2 games in the champions league. I then got 2 wins against fc kobenhavn i knew i had to win against either Utd or Juve to go though, a mad 3-2 win against Utd saw me over the line and from being bottom after 2 games we somehow make it though to the Ko stages . The Draw saw me take on wolfsburg and a 2-0 1st league home win set me my nice. It was a easy 2nd leg and a 3-0 win saw me easy into the Next round. The next round saw me up against benfica having played them before i knew what was coming but tho i might of knew them i sure didnt know what my team was capable of. A 5-0!! Home win in the 1st leg saw me all but though, i was also able to rest a whole 1st team for the rematch and i went on won that 2-0. Lyon in the semi final and starting to dream. Then came Man City Away first leg we knew it was going to be hard. But my star man Sunday George lost his head in the first few moments of the game and a reckless 2 footed tackle saw him sent off. I knew that what was already a massive job became almost an imposable one. City showed there class and went 3-0 up after that, I tried to counter then but it was not working, with being 3 down i needed a goal so i pushed forward a little more and got one!. In the end we lost 4-1 but we are a diffrent beast at home and i knew we could turn this around. The 2nd leg we came out the all guns blazing, chance after chances was being made city hangng on trying but after 17min we get a goal 1 down 2 to go, again we push and press but cant get a goal before half time. the 2nd half wwe start fast again BOOM!! 2-0 64TH, Just under half an our to go. I throw everything i have at city now 3 up top amc in the end 2!! at the back, We hit the bar , the post we had scambles in and around the box, there keeper made a save in the 87min min that he should have had no chance in getting, i knew then it was not to be our day and so it proved, a 2-0 win Against city was a very good win but not the win we needed and we went out 3-4 on agg.

zx8gzm.png

35aixpf.png

CUPS

We had a great cup run and we lifted the Coupe cup with a 3-0 win over my former side Bastia. We made the final of the French cup to but somehow lost 1-0, This was also 3 days before my showdown with season in the league so i thought the worst that the players were going to bottle it again. We ever showed up,, we was slow and rightly lost. It was a shame as it would of meant the treble for us but it was just not ment to be.

el9xub.png

SUMMER WINDOW.

All my money went into one player this summer, i got him on loan from barca for the season with a 35m buy out. Alif is the class act i have been missing fro my side. I snaped him up for 35million and thats really all i have done, I have ot a back up RB and signed a 15 year old for 850 but thats me done. I have sold some players made good money on them and im ready to replace when with my up and coming youth. Its a risk by with me winning the league i have a season or so with no pressure so its a good time to blood this crop of youth that will make up my side in years to come.

35hjucy.png

21b89dk.png

In first team from youth still needs work but is sure to push on

2ivch78.png

The next best thing in france. Again still needs work but will only get better, the 2nd player from my youth set up

UNDER 19'S

I dont really talk about my under 19's much in my posts but i thought i had to this time. I have been working hard on getting Lyon working from top to bottom. having such a good youth system helps and with me adding here and there when i can its starting to work. This season My under 19s went and won there champions league and went 19 wins in a row in the league. As i said my youth is make up my first team in years to come. I can't Wait to have them.

2v3k479.png

Well thats you all on another mad season of PGC . B big welcome to scott who joined last week, I hope we does well

Till next time

Season 2027-2028

Back in ligue 1 with Angers.

In the summer we didnt do much, except concentrating on young french players.

6p3N3qO.png

From August until January we here battling against relegation like last time i was in ligue 1 with Angers.

JBZ0Ac6.png

In January i was offered the job to take charge of LOSC, i took the job but after some personal problems i needed to take a break off football for a couple of months.

After 6 months of absent, i took a new job to be the head coach of AJ Auxerre.

yjCY5ux.png

Will be continued.

DAMUS MAXIMUS II

Managers Profile:

Season: 2027/28

Club: AS Nancy Lorraine

Media Prediction (13TH):

Season expectations:

Season budgets:

Here we go again, after being sacked by Auxerre in february of last season, i would be creating my THIRD managers profile, DAMUS MAXIMUS II.

But instead of taking control of another club immediately, i decided to wait out the remainder of the season.

This decision brought an unexpected reward as it was during this period a news story appeared that caught my eye, my old club, AS Nancy were being linked with a takeover by a tycoon.

i watched developments with interest and when the successful takeover was confirmed my mind was made up.

I took control of Nancy in the pre-season.

I went straight to check my transfer budgets, i had a 7.5m transfer budget and a wage budget of 114k, they also set a fairly modest season expectation of a mid-table finish.

Good thing they did aswell, 1 look at Nancy's existing squad left me in no doubt, there was A LOT of work to be done before the start of the campaign.

There was only ONE player in the entire squad with the ability i was looking for, the rest didn't even come close.

I would end up returning to Auxerre to build the core of my new squad, taking no less than 7 of their players to Nancy.

PRE-SEASON TRANSFER PAGE:

We couldn't have asked for a better start to the season, winning 8 of our first 11 games.

2nd oct results:

Taking us to the top of Ligue 2.

2nd oct league: (1st):

We kept that great form going and were still unbeaten in the league going into january.

13th jan league (1st)

13th jan results:

Sadly, a missed session put an end to that record, my assistant managed to lose 4 of the 6 games he controlled.

15th Apr results:

It also saw us slide down to 2nd for the first time this season.

15th April league:

Although i got back to winning ways for my 1st 2 games back incharge, we never really managed to achieve the level of performance that saw us dominate the 1st half of the season.

RESULTS:

That meant we were unable to take 1st place back from Clermont, we ended the season by achieving promotion to Ligue 1 by finishing 2nd.

FINAL STANDINGS (2ND):

Us Orleans

Well this season is pretty much the same as last season, we have started on fire! bar one or two hiccups all has went smoothly to plan, we have won our champions league group still in both cups and doing well in the league, I took a massive gamble in August letting go 130m worth of experienced talent from the squad, iv replaced them with a lot of young players and when their young sometimes it takes time as we all know but what I have this year that I didn't have last year is options to rotate and cover in area's I didn't have cover in last year, I'm happy with the balance in the squad and the determination within the group, iv narrowly escaped dropping points on at least 3 occasions scoring on 90+2 twice and 90+3 to win and this for me is the mark of a team who is determined to regain their league crown.

If I was asked to pick one trophy this season it would undoubtedly be the champions league as it is the only trophy that doesn't sit shining in my cabinet at the moment, there is a little birdy niggling in my brain itching for a fresh challenge in Ligue 2 a challenge that would see me rebuild a fallen giant and see our last remaining seasons bagging bargains and rising through the ranks once more, with all that being said I'm at Us Orleans and the competition is fierce Stu and Fallon both have great squads and are doing well and there is always that ever lingering stench of PSG and MONACO who are not doing as well but still a major threat of knocking points off you easily.

Aims from here on in - win a trophy is a must this season the club needs to continue to be a success otherwise I have failed, in January I need to this year not sell and disrupt the flow in my team as last season I had a mare in January I sold and loaned people out then got a 9 month injury it killed us literally, anything else other than one trophy and a successful January is a bonus and I for one am really looking forward to this run in.

Back at the end of season with hopefully some good news.

double%20dadge_1.jpg

AndyF - FBBP 01

As we enter the second half of the season we find ourselves sitting pretty in 3rd place but with us back to conceding way to many goals the top 2 of Stu and Sean have streaked clear at the summit. A top 4 place is what we are hoping to achieve this year and getting champions league football again next season.

Plenty of incomings and outgoings in the transfer market this year with the club hitting the £100m mark in sales with Eduardo moving to the Premier League in a deal worth £34M to Man Utd. So far we have spent just shy of £70M this year on bringing in 11 players to the club with Bryan Parra moving from Real Madrid for fee of around £29M our main expense.

Out of the Champions League and League Cup so I'm hoping with a fairly favorable draw we can go all the way in the French Cup and reach the final.

With a few weeks left in the winter window and with a transfer budget of £135M I'm still lurking in the background scouting players looking to strengthen the squad.

Until Next Time......

beb%20small%20badge%20new%20team%20badge_1.jpg

AndyF - Bourg-en-Bresse

I'll start with the seasons transfer activity and the transfer merry-go-round started with long serving Benjamin Pavard leaving on a Bosman joining WBA and soon followed by Eduardo, last seasons top scorer completing a move to Man Utd after they activated his minimum fee release clause of £34M. On the same day 2 new arrivals were welcomed to the club (both free signings) as Moroccan international Moha joined from Norwich to provide cover at the back and Edwin Perez moved from Chamois Niortais after 8 seasons and 139 league goals for a new challenge and champions league football. Sunderland then splashed £30M on attacking midfielders Sebastiaan van As and Sebastien Madjeski moving for the riches of the PL as did Omar Ruiz the Mexican finalising a deal to join Crystal Palace after we agreed on a £12M fee. Our income from transfers reached £102M this year when Anthony Leclerc moved to Bayern after a bid of £25M was accepted. Miroslav Franc, Blair Warwick, Miroslav Zelenka, Bernard Tran and Jordan Ziada all left at some point during the season going out on loan.

Whilst all these players were moving on I was busy looking for players as I sent my scouts all over the place looking for some cover and young talent to fill the void left by the departures. In came the reinforcements in the shape of French, Moises, Leopold, Bursuc who would all provide the cover needed during the season but don't really have ability to keep a 1st team place down and some of these will soon move on for guaranteed game time. We also signed 3 South Americans who I will be looking to have great careers at BEB, first came 5* potential Uruguayan Rodrigo Curbelo signed from Penarol for £5M and he didn't disappoint scoring 10 goals in 22 games in the league. The second of the trio to sign was 23yr old Argentinian Lautaro Vega signed for £7M+ from River Plate and shipped him straight out on loan to Red Star were he scored 7 goals in 13 games playing on the wing, I decided to recall him and January and give him a few games but he didn't get anywhere near his early season form so I'm unsure what to do with him next season. The last of the trio and also the last bit of business we did in the summer window was the £7M signing of Hugo Pena from Racing Club and made 17 appearances in the league performing well and will battle it out with Zelenka for that starting role and left back and also provide cover at centre back with Hoogma.

As we got to the winter transfer window we was out of the running to challenge for the title with Stu and Sean fighting out at the top but still battling it out for a 3rd or 4th place finish with Clermont Foot, Monaco,PSG and Guingamp. So with a £70M profit from the summer we were on the look out to bring 1 or 2 players in and by the end of January we had signed a new central defensive pairing at a cost of £74M putting us into a negative transfer balance of £10M.

2%20biigest%20signings.jpg

So there they are Brayan Parra a £29M signing from Real Madrid who previously spent a season on loan with us a few years back and new club record signing Olexandr Kalinichenko, the world class CB moving from Portuguese side Benfica for £45M.

kali%20rec%20buy_1.jpg

kali%20signing_1.jpg

shirt%20sale%20boost%20kali_1.jpg

full%20trans%202829_1.jpg

With 65 goals conceded in 28 games (24 in 6 CL games) in all competitions up to this point I'd put all my faith and money into the new pairing and they didn't disappoint with their performances. Since their arrival the team dramatically reduced the amount of goals we was leaking down to 27 in 22 games, the only poor performance coming against the league winners in a 5-0 defeat, securing our place in the CL next year with a 3rd place finish for the second consecutive season.

cl%20qual%202930.jpg

Without Parra and Kalinichenko

without%20new%20pairing%20282829.jpg

With Parra and Kalinichenko

with%20new%20pairing%20282829.jpg

Cups

Champions League

202829%20CL%20NEW.jpg

French Cup

202829%20FC.jpg

Coupe de la Ligue

202829%20LC.jpg

So onto the upcoming season and my aims are a top 4 finish, qualify from group stages of CL for the knockout rounds and improve even more defensively on last seasons 2nd half showing. The board has given us a transfer budget of £107M to bring in any additions if needed but with currently a big squad a few will have to leave before any new faces are brought in.

budgets%2030.jpg

Until Next Time......

Stuart - Lyon 9va494.png

Not the season i had in mind after becoming champions. We started off well and everything was like it was last season tho you could see this time Sean side was much stronger than last season. As he has moved up a gear or 2 i, for some reason havn't, Yes i sold 2,3 players in the summer and replaced them with youth but there to finish 9 points short of last season total is a worry ( Forget about what Sean did 100 points is going to win you any league and the players he has now he might go onto repeat it again next season ) and the games i drew this season showed me i have lost that cutting edge when it comes to killing sides off. Tho my forwards are outstanding if they fail to fire it seems my whole team fails as the goals almost always come from the front lads. This has to change so this summer i will be working on a old system i used when we was over doing the german league. Inside forwards brought me tones of goals.

The in the cups i was beaten by Sean . Both in the semi Finals and both times he was far to strong for my side. I have no excuse his side this season was by far the best in the whole of Europe and nobody was going to stop him

In the champions league i fell at the Semi Final stages again! In the 1st leg things were going well, i was tight at the back and hitting barca on the counter then they went down to 10 men. and we went in 0-0 at half time ( here comes my error ) with me very happy ad in bullish mood. 2nd half i thought with having the extra man i would attack a little hope and try and get the ball wide in an attempt to stretch Barca. How wrong i got it by me leaving a little more space barca used my own tactics against me and hit me on the counter over and over again by the time 55min had gone i was 2-0 and now needed a away goal. I went for it even more knowing i could get picked off and thats just what happen, Dieing seconds of the game they get a 3rd. GAME OVER SEASON OVER PUT THE LOT AWAY!. By then the league was gone and with me no being about for wednesdays round of games it was a bitter way to end my season tho it was also the story of it.

bg1wtv.png

14cv88n.png

nlr4me.png

Summer Window

I have done no business so far but i did blow 52million on a MC in the jan widow, Sean started crying to the media and said it was "financially irresponsible" for any club to spend that kinda cash on one player. All i know is he's young powerful and the future of my midfield for years to come.

dwuu7b.png

There will be signings made the summer and as soon as i sign them i will post them up on here.

Well that's you upto date on a very disappointing season. More soon

DAMUS MAXIMUS II

Managers Profile:

Season: 2029/30

Club: AS Nancy Lorraine

League: French Ligue 1

Media Prediction (20th) :

Season expectations:

Season budgets:

After achieving promotion last season, it was now time to take on the daunting challenge of building a side capable of remaining in Ligue 1.

The boards budget allocations were a disappointment considering their tycoon status, we were given the amount we had left from last seasons budgets, which was 3.75mil transfer and 250kp/w wage.

This is how i used the cash.

Our start wasn't a complete disaster, although we lost 5 in a row, our results either side of that streak were positive.

18th oct results:

That left us in 13th after 11 games.

As expected we were finding results hard to come by.

18th jan results:

Although midway through the campaign we were 8 points above the relegation zone.

18th jan league (13th):

But after this point, we really started to struggle, losing almost every match through feb, march and april.

28th apr results:

We were really starting to sweat now, the gap from relegation was down to 6 points and there was no end to this disasterous run in sight.

then somehow, out of nowhere we produced 1 of our best performances and results of the season to clinch safety.

AVOIDED RELEGATION:

Us Orleans

Well what a season for good old Orleans, not only did we manage to get back on track with a trophy this year we won everything we took part in!! a Quadruple!! words cannot describe how good it felt but that's the joys of FM's and its ups and downs, last year I was deflated with my team performing below standard and this year when I pulled the wip out and asked them to crack on and show some fightback not only did they fightback but they owned it.

Our league form was absolutely incredible we reached a staggering 100 point mark which even Stu struggled to keep up with and that is saying something because his team have held very very high standards lately, but 100 points has been the best tally yet by a mile, this set a clear standard in the league and showed my side meant business!! in the cups we also managed to come through some difficult draws both home and away and win both there was no real stand out matches for me as the cup was never something I really had my eyes set firmly on winning I mainly used them for rotation and changing things up to see what was working in different situations.

The icing on the very big cake for me this season was the Champions league anyone who knows me will know how much iv been itching to get this one in the bag, that's me now officially won every trophy there is to win with little old Orleans, I'm one made up man at the moment and now we will go on into a few micky mouse cups like the super cup and world club trophy and try take down these tournaments and add them to the list of things we have achieved.

Off the park the team is finally getting there with attendances of around 48 thousand this season its a massive improvement from our little matchbox disaster of a stadium that used to be our home 13 years or so ago, its been a long journey and one or two things have to be improved but all in all I think I can finally say that Us Orleans has finally became the big club I know it can, all that's missing is quality youth facilities and produce and our training facilities to be up there with the big teams! but that's to come next.

CL%20FINAL_zpse4dokmsa.png

Here is a little detail of our champions league final! a wopping 103k people turned out to see the mighty Orleans win their first champions league trophy, this was a tough match with me scoring early and Barca replying almost instantly it gave me a lot of food for thought and a constant tactical battle wound up in one hell of a nerve racking final! but thankfully we prevailed

MY%20BEST%20LGE_zpsafqbnasb.png

Here is a little picture of the final standings, as mentioned before 100 points was quite an achievement and it will no doubt be very hard to top so all I can do is my best and try defend my honours this season, if the time come's and I move on in the very near future then I will be completely satisfied with how much I have transformed this club.

Archived