FM16 Beta | A-League Marquee Players

When playing in the A-League, is there an option to designate marquee players in the FM16 Beta yet? I know that you could in previous versions if the player had the right level of reputation, but I can't find any way in the current version.

For example, as Adelaide United, they have one player Eli Babalj on loan from Eredivisie side AZ who contributes approximately one fifth of the salary cap. His wages are more than three times the foreign players. Is there any way to make him the Australian Marquee?

Because of this I have had to de-register some younger players to get the club under the salary cap. I'll probably have another crack after the full release if it's just a case of these mechanics not yet being implemented.

Any other general tips for managing wages within the A-League salary cap? Does the salary cap increase over time with the league reputation or any other factors or is it static over every season?

I just started a Melbourne Victory save and it's going to be literally impossible to register the real life squad. Looks like FM has taken a huge step backwards with the A-League salary cap this year, it's not even close to accurate.

Archived