Help Me Stop Cheating

Hi All,

I have always used FMRTE in previous editions where available to find young prospects but this year I want to play FM properly.

I'll still no doubt cheat by using a known working tactic from somewhere.

Anyway here goes, I like developing youth obviously this has been made easier in the past by using FMRTE.

I want to setup my own scouts to find young players with hopefully a good PA. Do I need scouts with mainly JP or both JA and JP if its mainly youth I want to sign?

The other reason for this is I was quite handy with the FMRTE heal button which I want to also eliminate by introducing the youth players during injuries etc.

Are there any other recommendations you guys have in terms of scouting i.e best scout attributes other than ones mentioned and where to send said scouts.

All help appreciated and apologies for the long post.

Nobode can really help you, but by the sounds of it you are on the path to redemption all on your own. :lol:

I don't even want to know what the FMTRE heal button is, (I just thought FMRTE was a scouting tool of some sort).

The only advice I can give you, now that you want to develop your win Youth, is just look at developing Youth as your end-goal, rather than winning trophies, and any success that you have will be a bonus.

The way see it, success in my 1st season is to always avoid relegation and/or the sack. After that it's just about improving 1 position at a time until either I win something or..... I get sacked.

The scouting in the game seems decent now, so uninstall FMRTE or whatever other scouting tools you have, and just trust your scouts. What you want is JPP for scouts if you are going to be buying young players, but remember you can produce your own and there is nothing quite so rewarding in FM as success with HG talent.

Remember, when you are asking for opinions on your own players, make sure you look at the JPP and JPA of your staff and make sure you take the appropriate advice.

What I do is nickname my staff with key attributes making part of nickname.

God luck. :thup:

with staff - it's made SO much easier to get the ones you want with the role now shown in FM16 (a quick look, rather than guessing based on what I think should be there [ball control anyone?])

with scouts, just send them anywhere you like

I tend to send 2 to South America (one looking generally, and one looking for u18s)

I tend to send 1 to Central Europe (u20s, I don't need a report on Messi, I know he's decent)

Typically 2/3 to the country I'm managing in (u20s, the Cup and the Top Division)

Then 1 to next opposition (cause why not, I don't think I've ever used it, but whatever)

And then a few to some hotbeds that produce some decent players in the save (this was North America on FM14, Egypt on FM15)

I prefer to actually scout generally (so get good knowledge in an area) whereas others prefer to actually look for players (scouting competitions/clubs/whatever)

as for signing scouts, mainly JP is important (you want to know how good they can be)

but don't rule out the JA, particularly if they need a WP and you loan them out (if their ability is low, they won't play, and they won't develop as expected)

some people like to keep all their youngsters and give them a few cup runs

I personally prefer to loan them all out (to anywhere, regular games is important) and look to self-promote if I sell a fringe first-teamer on

Thanks for the replies so far definitely good insight into how I need to change from FMRTE being the be all and end all. No doubt will be hard but I'm looking forward to it.

What about trainning I seriously don't have a clue am I best leaving this to my assistant or should I at least do my own for pre-season to get them used to the tactic, again FMRTE had the option to make the tactic known 100%.

Any help you can offer will help immensely.

What does FMRTE mean?

Football Manager Real Time Editor, basiacally allows you to remove injuries and restore condition to 100%, remove bans, make tactic familiarity 100%, transfer players, change future transfer/contract fee's, make players world class and a whole lot of other stuff.

Dear hm86,

Stop it. Just...stop it!

It ruins the game. You always still know you cheated, in the back of your mind.

It's much more satisfying when you do it without cheating.

Just say no to FMRTE and Genie Scout!

Yours sincerely,

An ex-cheater!

Dear hm86,

Stop it. Just...stop it!

It ruins the game. You always still know you cheated, in the back of your mind.

It's much more satisfying when you do it without cheating.

Just say no to FMRTE and Genie Scout!

Yours sincerely,

An ex-cheater!

I know tjb2376 you are spot on. Always won things and never really felt any achievement as I always thought what if I hadn't removed those 2 injuries, what if I couldn't afford that young striker without adding a few extra zero's to my budget.

I'm really looking forward to going it alone this season without FMRTE.

I used to use FMRTE a little bit, it started as my experiment device and now I cannot stand to look at it. It ruins the game. Last season I played FM legit and that first trophy feels soooo good, then the next one and the next one. Eventually you are winning and winning and now you know... FMRTE gave you a lot of insight into the game but it is all about your own ability and intuition. This game becomes so much more when you put away the training wheels and ride free on your own. I made my goal to be the top manager in the hall of fame and I did it, with no help from anyone.

I also hate how the leaderboards are just a list of who used FMRTE... makes me sick.

Now that I have a baby though I don't get on FM anywhere near as much as I used to, I've played 30 mins of the beta so far not even enough to view everyone in my squad :(.

Anyway my plan is to pick a lowly Scottish team or half decent EPL side and try to make them a force. I'll probably start both saves and have them as long term.

I need to know about training whether or not assistants can deal with it or whether I should be doing this. Tactics I'll be honest would take too much time for me, so I'll probably download a couple of known working tactics and slightly adjust.

Not sure if I need to know anything else other than whats been mentioned... scouting and training?

I used to use FMRTE alot and got bored. You win everything thats there to win, can sign any player in the world, cancel any contract etc its fun for a bit only

The buzz you get when you win your first trophy without FMRTE or go on a unexpected 10-15 match unbeaten run and end up as a unlikely title winner or in the CL spots is next level mate and you dont get it with FMRTE :)

I used to use FMRTE alot and got bored. You win everything thats there to win, can sign any player in the world, cancel any contract etc its fun for a bit only

The buzz you get when you win your first trophy without FMRTE or go on a unexpected 10-15 match unbeaten run and end up as a unlikely title winner or in the CL spots is next level mate and you dont get it with FMRTE :)

Thats the feeling I was getting, I'd play FM for 2-3 weeks solid but then as you say it became boring because I won every game there wasn't any achievement. This time I want to go it alone on a couple of long term saves and see where I end up.

Now that I have a baby though I don't get on FM anywhere near as much as I used to, I've played 30 mins of the beta so far not even enough to view everyone in my squad :(.

Anyway my plan is to pick a lowly Scottish team or half decent EPL side and try to make them a force. I'll probably start both saves and have them as long term.

I need to know about training whether or not assistants can deal with it or whether I should be doing this. Tactics I'll be honest would take too much time for me, so I'll probably download a couple of known working tactics and slightly adjust.

Not sure if I need to know anything else other than whats been mentioned... scouting and training?

Tactics aren't too bad really, even if you keep things simple it is possible to be successful. You don't have to have some exotic formation with specific team and player instructions for tactic to work. In fact most download tactics won't be using the same players as you have, so might not work for your team.

These days it's pretty easy to get a basic tactic working with just a few clicks, the tools are there to do it like selecting a role that suits the player and how you want the team to play. Then tweak it using team and player instructions to see if you can improve it.

There are guides in the tactics and training forum that are pretty short and easy to read and should give you the basic tactical knowledge you'll need.

Training you can leave to the ass man. You would get more benefit in the long term if you did it yourself, but the ass does the job. Again thre are guides available that can give you a tip if you have a promising player. The backroom staff will also give you clues about a players weakness that trainign might improve.

Scouting, just send the scout out and get reports regularly. You can have a look at transfer/loan listed players or even a lot of unattached players and ask for a scouting report yourself. Again like training if you put time into scouting you'd get more benefit long term but the scouts can and will turn up some great players along with the dross.

I wouldn't recommend going EPL just yet, go for a Championship or Leage 1 side. You'd be given more time to get the tactics working and embedded with the players.

Lastly,

Stop cheating or the bunny gets it

plot11.jpg

Tactics aren't too bad really, even if you keep things simple it is possible to be successful. You don't have to have some exotic formation with specific team and player instructions for tactic to work. In fact most download tactics won't be using the same players as you have, so might not work for your team.

These days it's pretty easy to get a basic tactic working with just a few clicks, the tools are there to do it like selecting a role that suits the player and how you want the team to play. Then tweak it using team and player instructions to see if you can improve it.

There are guides in the tactics and training forum that are pretty short and easy to read and should give you the basic tactical knowledge you'll need.

Training you can leave to the ass man. You would get more benefit in the long term if you did it yourself, but the ass does the job. Again thre are guides available that can give you a tip if you have a promising player. The backroom staff will also give you clues about a players weakness that trainign might improve.

Scouting, just send the scout out and get reports regularly. You can have a look at transfer/loan listed players or even a lot of unattached players and ask for a scouting report yourself. Again like training if you put time into scouting you'd get more benefit long term but the scouts can and will turn up some great players along with the dross.

I wouldn't recommend going EPL just yet, go for a Championship or Leage 1 side. You'd be given more time to get the tactics working and embedded with the players.

Lastly,

Stop cheating or the bunny gets it

plot11.jpg

Excellent post thanks Spankie and not the bunny please :( haha.

Thanks again, I'll have a look at the tactics and training forums and see what I can find.

Archived