Forgetting to save then losing a game you had won before reloading

Fuming.

Beat Everton to make it two wins out of two in the league with a second successive Anthony Martial hat-trick, only for the laptop to crash shortly after.

Reload and it turns out I forgot to save it after the game. Anyway same personnel and tactics and the game plays out exactly the same minus the goals. We absolutely pepper the Everton goal for 85 minutes with them barely getting out of their half. Then to compound my rapidly increasing frustration Marcos Rojo picks up two yellow cards in as many minutes and Ricky bleeding Alvarez bends one in to the top corner from thirty yards. 0-1 it finishes.

The temptation to reload and replay until I win is strong but I think I'm gonna take it on the chin and move on.

What do you lot do in such a situation? Answers which make me less guilty about doing the former in particular are much appreciated. :)

I agree. I had the exact same dilemma a few years a go and someone said exactly what Steve said. There is no way I would keep replaying until I get a win if I had lost.

Saying that, it is your game and you enjoy it how you want to.

Despite always having a strong opinion about cheating that is one situation where I feel its fair to reload until you got a win.

On the flipside though if I had lost a match I would also reload until I lost as well.

Thankfully with autosaving every week and manually saving when I remember along with a stable PC its something I rarely have to face.

Fuming.

Beat Everton to make it two wins out of two in the league with a second successive Anthony Martial hat-trick, only for the laptop to crash shortly after.

Reload and it turns out I forgot to save it after the game. Anyway same personnel and tactics and the game plays out exactly the same minus the goals. We absolutely pepper the Everton goal for 85 minutes with them barely getting out of their half. Then to compound my rapidly increasing frustration Marcos Rojo picks up two yellow cards in as many minutes and Ricky bleeding Alvarez bends one in to the top corner from thirty yards. 0-1 it finishes.

The temptation to reload and replay until I win is strong but I think I'm gonna take it on the chin and move on.

What do you lot do in such a situation? Answers which make me less guilty about doing the former in particular are much appreciated. :)

Do you manually save after every match? Or just after wins?

My system crashed like every other match with FM15, sometimes I would quit playing for a few days, because I was tired of replaying the same matches.

If I have to replay stuff, I've already done due to game problems (FM16 doesn't crash on the same system, except for the crash bugs in the current beta), then I'm going to take every advantage of it, better team talk, tactics, player choices, but unless it's a key match, I wouldn't reload the replay to get the same result as the first time though. Having won the Champions Cup final and then lose it to a crash is just to upsetting to accept.

Archived