Gundo's FM16 European Adventure Challenge™

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ryKS6kbt_400x400.jpg

Huggin - Icelandic First Divison - Season 2020

Season Summary: What a season! We finally put it all together. I went aggressively into the transfer market, overhauling a large number of my squad. A few key signings included Dorren Hamlet in defensive midfield, Guomundur Einarsson in goal, and Aron Gauti Magnusson in midfield. We were at or around the top of the table for most of the season, just missing out on top spot at the end. Jakob Snaer Arnason, who had been a consistent central midfielder for a few years, turned into a goal scoring machine on the right wing this year. He led the team with 10 goals in the league.

Table

Squad

Awards

Youth Intake - once again, horrible.

[color=#232323][font=Verdana][b]Year      Team         Division    Position     Notes[/b][/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2016     Tindastoll       1st          10th         [/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2017     Tindastoll       1st          12th           Relegated/sacked[/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2018     Huginn           1st          4th[/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2019     Huginn           1st          7th[/font][/color]
[color=#232323][font=Verdana]2020     Huginn           1st          2nd            Promoted![/font][/color]

Not wanting to rest on our laurels, Ive continued to add to the squad for this upcoming season. We are thoroughly outgunned in the Premier Division, so it will be quite the fight! Ive already added a 2 young strikers, 2 experienced center backs, and a young left back. Hopefully some of these guys can blossom this year!

149px-Rhyl_FC_Logo.png

Rhyl, 2026/27

For the first time Rhyl entered the champions league, due to TNS being rubbish, Wales had slipped to entering the 1st qualifying round. I was quite pleased about this as it almost guarantees 2 home games will be played and the gate receipts from european games are significant for the entire seasons profit. I say guaranteed because the 1st qualifying round is incredibly easy, I drew Saint Julià of Andorra and comfortably defeated them.

Champions League 1st Qualifying Round

Saint Julià 0-1 Rhyl

Rhyl 3-1 Saint Julià

This set up a 2nd round match against Serbian champions, Partizan Belgrade. In the first leg we frustrated them but I was somewhat disappointed not to steal an away goal and to have conceded twice. I didn't feel too confident in the home leg to come even after an early goal from Gareth Swattridge but then Rhys Hughes made it two in the 73rd minute and suddenly we had taken them to extra time at home. I was particularly delighted in my defensive performance to allow this to happen. Sadly the fairytale was ended by Boris Petrović in the 96th minute of extra time but I was overjoyed for my players performance.

Champions League 2nd Qualifying Round

Partizan Belgrade 2-0 Rhyl

Rhyl 2-1 aet. Partizan Belgrade

In the league we got off to a phenomenal start, a slight wobble in the middle and a much better chase by TNS than last season but we still were able to win the league and for the first time, the cup too. As can be seen from the key players I think the key has been the improvements in central midfield, Martyn Morgan had a second fantastic year and new signing Andy Roberts was my best player so now more so the goals are provided by the wing backs as ever but with a fully functional midfield too.

Key man: Andy Roberts, honourable mention James Hickey (20 Assists from left wing back, the right side generated 18 between two players)

Top scorer: Mark Morris (He's still here, Hughes and Swattridge both had periods with injury)

Season  | Team        | League | Welsh Cup | Word Cup  | Europe     | Notes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | Cefn Druids | 12th   | 4th Rnd*  | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 24th Jan
2017/18 | Prestatyn   | 11th   | Qtr Fnl   | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | Relegated
2018/19 | Llangefni   | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 10th Nov
2019/20 | Conwy       | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 17th Dec
2020/21 | Aberystwyth | 5th    | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 2nd Feb
2021/22 | Newtown     | 12th   | 4th Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Quit, 1st Mar
2022/23 | Rhyl        | 6th    | Semi Fnl  | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | SURVIVED!
2023/24 | Rhyl        | 2nd    | Qtr Fnl   | Runner Up | N/A        | Europa League
2024/25 | Rhyl        | 4th    | Runner Up | 2nd Rnd   | EL 2nd Rnd | Europa League
2025/26 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Runner Up | Semi Fnl  | EL 1st Rnd | Champions League
2026/27 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | 3rd Rnd   | CL 2nd Rnd | Champions League

It wasn't too bad Fastbasher, I expected nothing from the match so was delighted with the performance. This season though I just celebrated the champions league draw like I won the whole competition, just have to not bugger it up but I should get to the 3rd qualifying round.

Season 2017 Review

KV_zpsrusrvdlf.png

Knattspyrnufélag Vesturbæjar

Season Review: We got promoted! AND the board is going to buy our stadium! The 4-3-3 tactic worked, though I had to make it a flat 3 midfield to really press and control the middle of the pitch. Having a bit of a problem with the full backs though. Using them as FB(s) looks good but they tend to stay back, but switching them to WB(s) lets the opposition take control of the space behind them. Hmm.. Will try to figure something out. Overall, quite a satisfying season.

Board expectations:

First Division: Avoid relegation

Media prediction: 6th

Icelandic Cup: Third Round

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Don't be outclassed

Results:

First Division: 2nd | League Table | Player Stats

Icelandic Cup: Second Round

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Finals

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Svavar Jóhannsson: Looks like AMR IF(s) works for him. I think he could have done better though if his finishing was better, but 15 goals in 32 matches for an AMR with his stats and in this league, I'm happy enough. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven, Top Goalscorer for the club AND the league, and Runner-Up Most PoM in the club and the league.

Björn Jónsson: He was already in the club when I started, but it looks like he is starting to settle into his role. Still lacking in terms of assists, but his passing accuracy is probable the reason he tied with Svavar in PoM for club and league.Also named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven and Supporter's Player of the Year.

Sam Hewson: I rotated him with Bjorn, though I also sometimes use him in the other 2 MC roles when I bring him on as sub. Also named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Youth Prospect:

No Youth Recruitment.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Stay clear of relegation

2) Get board to approve youth recruitment.

3) Strengthen my central defence.

Year   Division          Position   Icelandic Cup       UL Cup         Notes
2016   First Division      3rd      Finals              Group           -
2017   First Division      2nd      Second Round        Finals

Mid-way through our first season in the Icelandic Premier Division and we sit dead last on 4 points. Not looking good right now fellas! At least we lead the league in one thing...Yellow Cards. Certainly making our presence felt.

How's your job security?

I went back down after being promoted, but the board kept me in my job and I was able to take them back up even stronger.

Relegated. Bummer. Since the goal for this was to see how far I could go with a british old-school 4-4-2 I won't be continuing this challenge. It was promising at a point, but this season was so bad, so many injuries hampered our chances to get any sequence of good results.

140px-NK_%C4%8Carda.png

After continuous failure in England, I'm going to try something different...Slovenia. Was actually looking to take over NK Bled but then NK Carda came up and I couldn't resist the colors and uniforms.

NK%20Carda%20Martjanci_%20%20Profile.png

My Profile

This will be tough, frankly I don't expect to survive the first season. We have no staff and 10 players under contract. One of them is 44.

The League

Another title, but not as smooth as last time. The unbeaten run ended at 37 games. Just 6 short of Újpest's record of 43. I did rotate the squad a fair bit due to going deep in three (maybe four?) competitions.

Europe

It was a lengthy European campaign, starting in the 3rd playoff round of the Champions Cup and ending in the second knockout round of the Euro Cup. The group stage saw a win and two draws to finish 3rd. The best game was this comeback against AC Milan. A 91st minute equaliser while down to 10 men.

In the end it was disappointing to get knocked out in a tie that I considered one of the easier ones. But we couldn't recover from that first leg.

Hungarian Cup

A fairly straight forward victory. The 1-3 loss in the first leg of the semi final to division two Puskás Akadémia gave us a slight scare. But this was on an international weekend when 15 of our 1st team players were unavailable. We thumped them 7-0 in the return leg.

Under 19s

Doru Nistor carved the league to shreds. He didn't even play every game in the league.

They also won the Hungarian under 19s cup and emulated the seniors in the U19s Champions Cup by finishing 3rd in the group with a win and three draws.

The Players

There was a lot of wheeling and dealing this season as loans returned and players left due to release clauses being met, wanting bigger things, or the chairman accepting bids.

We were lucky enough to have five talented strikers to rotate. David Butler filled the hole left by Avalos and scored 36 goals. The veteran, András Tamás scored another 23, while Péter Tiber, Doru Nistor and Adeshina Ikedia also reached double figures.

David Butler was definitely the key player. A product of Arsenal's youth academy, with 12 seasons of premier league experience.

We got him as a free transfer on deadline day. He held us to ransom for wages, but we should get them back if we sell him.

With 44 U21 caps and 33 U21 goals for England, I can't believe he never got a senior cap.

Doru Nistor provided quality backup and played an unbelievable 74 competitive club games including U19 games, scoring 52 goals. He also played two senior international games.

Facilities have been improved again. We now have impressive training facilities, superb youth facilities with a stadium expansion and another youth improvement coming up.

Backroom staff are the best in Hungary in every category.

Season     Team          League          	  Position         Notes
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2017/18    Tatabánya     Div II                   15th
2018/19    Tatabánya     Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2019/20    Tatabánya     Div I                    3rd
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2021/22    Cegléd        Div II                   17th
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2023/24    Veszprém      Div II                   17th
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2025/26    Veszprém      Div I                    10th
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2027/28    Baja          Div II                   17th
2028/29    Baja          Div II                   2nd              Promoted
2029/30    Baja          Div I                    9th
2030/31    Baja          Div I                    9th
2031/32    Baja          Div I                    12th             Relegated
2032/33    Baja          Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2033/34    Baja          Div I                    5th              Hungarian Cup winners
2034/35    Baja          Div I                    7th              4th in Europa group stage
2035/36    Baja          Div I                    8th
2036/37    Baja          Div I                    4th
2037/38    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League playoff
2038/39    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League 2nd K/O round

Excellent season Fastbasher, really pushing on now with some serious money for that kind of run.

Yeah, in these smaller leagues the Euro money makes a huge difference. Újpest dominated for so long because of the Champions League money. Now it's our turn.

35m GBP in the bank now and a getting 12-20m a season transfer funds.

We can buy any decent player from the Hungarian leagues to double the benefit by weakening our rivals.

When I get to that stage I normally think about helping the other teams in the league. I figure if they can get through an extra round of europe themself the league rep might go up which helps me, currently I still need to destroy TNS a bit more but give it a couple of seasons I'd rather they were being quite healthy with me way out in front still.

When I get to that stage I normally think about helping the other teams in the league. I figure if they can get through an extra round of europe themself the league rep might go up which helps me, currently I still need to destroy TNS a bit more but give it a couple of seasons I'd rather they were being quite healthy with me way out in front still.

Yes, I was thinking about using the money to massively overpay for a rubbish player from the other top Hungarian teams to help spread it around. It would keep our league competitive and help improve it, but doesn't seem right.

A more sporting way to develop the league is to get the co efficient up so more teams from our own leagues qualify, then they will get European money of their own.

The Hungarian teams are getting better anyway as I'm developing a lot of good youth players and the ones who don't make my first team tend to end up in other Hungarian teams. Plus, they loan a lot of them to help develop them.

149px-Rhyl_FC_Logo.png

Rhyl, 2027/28

This was a big season for Rhyl, it all began with a 0-0 bore draw in Malta in order not to get everyone too excited right away. A home win and a comfortable 2nd round draw against the Icelandic champions saw us draw Viktoria Plzen of Czech Republic in the critical 3rd round. I was already looking at a big pay day but things got much better with a sneaky 1-0 home win, then we followed up with a 2-3 defeat away to go through on away goals in a game I didn't expect anything of.

Valletta 0-0 Rhyl

Rhyl 2-1 Valletta

Rhyl 0-0 Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur

Knattspyrnufélag Reykjavíkur 0-2 Rhyl

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Rhyl 1-0 Viktoria Plzen

Viktoria Plzen 3-2 Rhyl

This saw us enter the playoff round against Celtic, could we do it? The sums of money would be astronomical in the group stage if we could. A narrow defeat at home at least showed some competitiveness but we got utterly battered in Glasgow. Even bad balls saw them slice us open with their quicker, stronger, more skillful strikers and we set a record 6-0 defeat, cashed in and agreed to turn pro at the end of the season. Then it hit me, we also qualify for Europa League group stage off the back of this, essentially we were incredibly unlucky in this competition. A true poachers victory in Austria aside we should have beaten Trabzonspor and at least gotten draws in the other Turkish match and vs Borrusia Mönchengladbach. Too often we scored first and were undone by two late goals. Nethertheless it was a great experience that left my bank balance just shy of £6M all told.

Champions League Playoff

Rhyl 1-2 Celtic

Celtic 6-0 Rhyl

Europa League Group K

Rhyl 1-3 Trabzonspor

Red Bull Salzburg 0-1 Rhyl

Borussia Mönchengladbach 1-0 Rhyl

Rhyl 1-2 Borussia Mönchengladbach

Trabzonspor 2-1 Rhyl

Rhyl 0-4 Red Bull Salzburg

Domestically, we won. Aberystwyth fought hard but we won everything, domestic triple.

Key man: Andy Roberts

Top scorer: Mark Morris

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 | Cefn Druids | 12th   | 4th Rnd*  | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 24th Jan
2018/19 | Llangefni   | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 10th Nov
2019/20 | Conwy       | 12th   | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 17th Dec
2020/21 | Aberystwyth | 5th    | 3rd Rnd   | 2nd Rnd   | N/A        | Sacked, 2nd Feb
2021/22 | Newtown     | 12th   | 4th Rnd   | 1st Rnd   | N/A        | Quit, 1st Mar
2023/24 | Rhyl        | 2nd    | Qtr Fnl   | Runner Up | N/A        | Europa League
2024/25 | Rhyl        | 4th    | Runner Up | 2nd Rnd   | EL 2nd Rnd | Europa League
2025/26 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Runner Up | Semi Fnl  | EL 1st Rnd | Champions League
2026/27 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | 3rd Rnd   | CL 2nd Rnd | Champions League
2027/28 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | Winners   | CL Playoff | EL Group Stage

Hes good, but I have a lot at the striker position now I'm professional.

Sadly I'm out of Europe already next season in the 2nd qualifying round, probably the worst draw I could have had. Last year the Icelandic champions, this year I get Anderlecht.

Season 2018 Review

KV_zpsrusrvdlf.png

Knattspyrnufélag Vesturbæjar

Season Review: This season was frustrating for me at times. Sure, we managed to stay up, 4 places above media expectations, but I really felt we could have done better. Some of the mistakes were really appalling and we tend to lose leads late in the game. For a period of time, we were 8 games without a win. Tweaked my tactic and formations loads of time. Finally settled on something that seems to play the kind of football I like.

Board expectations:

Premier Division: Try to avoid relegation

Media prediction: 12th

Icelandic Cup: Fourth Round

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Not important

Results:

Premier Division: 8th | League Table | Player Stats

Icelandic Cup: Semi-Finals

Icelandic Upper League Cup: Semi-Finals

Season Summary:

Transfers

Finances

Key Performers:

Viktor Karl Einarsson: To my club fans, his my purchase of the season. Not sure why honestly. I mean sure, he's not bad and most consistent in my team, but he wasn't superb assists wise in a playmaker role even though he has the attributes. Seems to be doing alright in a B2B role though. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Björn Jónsson: Back in the top 3 in the team in terms of Avg Rating (that's usually how I pick my key performers. Was sidelined a few times due to injury, but still my first choice playmaker. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven and Supporter's Player of the Year again. That's twice in a row.

Bjarki Páll Eysteinsson: For his service to the club, I present him here this year. My most consistent defender, I think. But got to admit that he's starting to appear a bit overwhelmed in the league. I have plans for a replacement. Named in the team's Seasonal Best Eleven.

Youth Prospect:

No Youth Recruitment.

Next Season's Goals:

1) Avoid relegation and if possible, mid-table position

2) Get board to approve youth recruitment.

3) Sharpen the attacking team.

Year   Division          Position   Icelandic Cup       UL Cup         Notes
2016   First Division      3rd      Finals              Group           -
2017   First Division      2nd      Second Round        Finals
2018   Premier Division    8th      Semi-Finals         Semi-Finals

The League

Another solid league victory. Újpest and Ferencváros were also dominant in 2nd and 3rd. Between the three of us, we cleaned up everything in Hungary.

Europe

A bit of a disappointing campaign. Just one draw in what was objectively one of the softer groups.

The good news is that Újpest and Ferencváros both made the knockout stages of the Europa Cup. All three of us helped to improve the Hungarian coefficient and we have moved up to 10th in the European league rankings.

Under 19s

Second in the league, 3pts behind Ferencváros and ahead of Újpest on tiebreak.

Top of the group in the Under 19s Champions Cup with 4 wins, 2 losses. Lost in the first knockout round to Arsenal.

The Players

Adeshina Ikedia showed what he can do in an injury free season. He smashed club and division 1 scoring records, winning the top goal scorer and player of the season awards in the process.

David Butler had another good season with 34 goals and Doru Nistor again combined U19 and Senior games with a total of 79 games and 50 goals for club, 6 games and 1 goal for Romania.

Cedric Quesnel was a January transfer window signing from PSG. An agent shopped him around for 3.6m and I snapped his arm off. Quesnel returned 19 assists and 4 goals in his 20 games.

Extra Time

I got offered the Serbia national team job, but turned it down of course.

Just sold Nistor for 10m to cover our bulging wage costs.

Again the council cancelled stadium expansion plans and again the training and youth facilities are being improved.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Monor         Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 19th mid season
2020/21    Tatabánya     Div I                    N/A              Europa League 2nd Round Qualifier. Sacked.
2022/23    Cegléd        Div II                   N/A              Sacked in 20th mid season
2024/25    Veszprém      Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2026/27    Veszprém      Div I                    N/A              Sacked in 12th mid season
2032/33    Baja          Div II                   1st              Champions, Promoted
2033/34    Baja          Div I                    5th              Hungarian Cup winners
2034/35    Baja          Div I                    7th              4th in Europa group stage
2037/38    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Europa League playoff
2038/39    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, Hungarian Cup winners, Europa League 2nd K/O round
2039/40    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL group stage

Another fairly stable season with minor improvements over last year. This time we were actually only six points from getting into the champions group instead of the relegation group but in the end we couldn't score enough goals to make it. In the relegation group we were doing just fine since there were several teams that was quite dreadful which allowed us to get "sure" victories.

In the cups we got to the Quarter finals of the newly started Romanian cup aswell as the League cup. We got knocked out by Craiova in the former and FC Brasov in the latter.

In the champions group, Dynamo Bucarest and Steaua Bucarest were heads and shoulders above everyone else and Dynamo managed to snatch the title in the end while Steaua took the cups.

Key players

Daniel Dajbog: Similar to last season, he was a solid rock on the midfield and made my backline a easier time

Roland Niczuly: A solid goalie makes quite the difference which Niczuly proved with 11 clean sheets

Sorin Stroescu: He was not very good during the autumn but when spring rolled around he exploded and in the last 7 matches he got I think 4 Player of the match awards.

Youth intake

Blergh

Next season

I will try to push for the top half next season with a few more high quality signings and have already secured this guy and will be looking for a classy striker next. Besides that I will further try getting the board to do what I want. Sadly now the local politicians has turned against me :mad:

Season     Division                Romanian cup     Romanian league cup   Position     Achievements
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17    Romanian division 2        N/A               N/A               11th
2017/18    Romanian division 2        N/A               N/A               6th
2018/19    Romanian division 2        N/A               N/A               2nd           Promotion
2019/20    Romanian division 1        N/A               First round       9th
2020/21    Romanian division 1        Qtr. final        Qtr. Final        9th 

Nice one FjollFan. Dajbog and Niczuly look quality for that level. How are the top Romanian teams doing in Europe?

Any ideas how to get around that planning permission being blocked?

I've had it three times now and starting to think I can never improve the stadium.

oSLLtOQ.png

Flint Town United

Chris Griffin is the new manager of Flint Town United. The team appear to be alright for one that's just been promoted. They play at the 3,000 capacity Cae-y-Castell, which according to google maps is right on the Dee Estuary. Squad contains 26 players, some of which actually have Part Time contracts which is nice. Transfer budget is £0, as expected, and the wage budget is roughly £3.1k, £2.6k of which is currently available, should be enough to bring in a couple of decent players.

Also Port Talbot ran away with the league last season, one of the few times I've seen someone other than TNS win it. They also did the triple by winning the Welsh Cup and Word Cup.

Aim: Survival, hopefully have a good cup run so we get money in.

Nice one FjollFan. Dajbog and Niczuly look quality for that level. How are the top Romanian teams doing in Europe?

Any ideas how to get around that planning permission being blocked?

I've had it three times now and starting to think I can never improve the stadium.

They are doing so-so, Steaua is the only team which has reached the Champions League group stage. They have also reached the 2nd Elimination round of the EL. But the other Romanian teams have been pants.

No, no idea how the get around that. My guess is that you have to build a new stadium or nag enough :rolleyes:

They are doing so-so, Steaua is the only team which has reached the Champions League group stage. They have also reached the 2nd Elimination round of the EL. But the other Romanian teams have been pants.

No, no idea how the get around that. My guess is that you have to build a new stadium or nag enough :rolleyes:

The council even blocked our plans for a new stadium after 2yrs during which time I thought it was being built.

Overview

We had a settled team this year, starting with the same 1st eleven as last season. Only two of them left before the window closed. We didn't win any trophies, but it was still a great season. Going into May, we were in the hunt for three titles, but 11 games in 28 days stretched the small squad thin and we came up short on all three fronts.

The League: 2nd place. 3pts behind Újpest

Hungarian Cup: Runner up. Lost 1-2 to Újpest in the final

Hungarian Super Cup: Lost 1-2 to Újpest in extra time

Europe: Europa Cup semifinalist. Lost 4-5 on aggregate to Fiorentina.

Újpest completed a domestic treble, but they didn't have Europa knockout rounds to deal with like us and Ferencváros. Fradi beat Zenit 3-0 in the home leg, then lost the away leg 0-4 in the first knockout round.

Hungary is up to 9th in the coefficient standings for European places. This could go so well if all three teams can go deep in the Europa for few seasons.

The Players

David Butler took all his scoring records back with an unbelievable 51 goals, taking his total to 121 goals in 151 games in three seasons.

Cedric Quesnel was out injured for 6 weeks, but still managed 11 goals and 42 assists (mostly a cross from the right and in off the head of Butler) in 52 games.

2039/40    Baja          Div I                    1st              Champions, CL group stage
2040/41    Baja          Div I                    2nd              Europa League semifinal

Do you play through the whole domestic season Fastbasher? Now I have a domestic dominance it is just so dull to play through the ~35 games before I'm back in Europe so there is some holidaying going on.

Yes, play the whole season, but on fast mode usually slowing down the last 15-20mins if the game is close to change tactics and make subs.

I occasionally holiday April/May if I'm middle of the table with nothing to play for. But I play it out if I'm in a relegation battle or promotion/title fight or have cup chances. Which is every season now.

I agree there are a lot of dull games now. I try to give youth a chance or set them up to get my top goalscorers more goals.

149px-Rhyl_FC_Logo.png

Rhyl, 2028/29

Despite turning professional this was quite a dull and disappointing season for Rhyl. We annihilated Libertas of San Marino in a round that Wales will not enter next season. Then came a terrible draw against Anderlecht, possibly only Celtic would have been worse, I would have fancied my chances against all the other teams.

Libertas 0-4 Rhyl

Rhyl 7-0 Libertas

Anderlecht 2-0 Rhyl

Rhyl 0-1 Anderlecht

Domestically, I holidayed a lot of the season. This I will blame for the cup results that my board don't care about anyway and an unacceptable final four games of the season while we were already champions. A short update so I shall leave you with some silly headlines I noticed this season, here and here.

Key man: Martyn Morgan

Top scorer: Miles Foster (As good as my previous strike pairing was, there is just a next level out there for a pro team)

2027/28 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | Winners   | CL Playoff | EL Group Stage
2028/29 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Qtr Fnl   | 3rd Rnd   | CL 2nd Rnd | Awful draw

I lost £1M last season, losing in 2nd round of champions league doesn't cut it but I had £6M in the bank from the year before. As for reputation, I don't think so yet but my team is much improved with the professional status its just a matter of a nice draw again to get past that tricky 3rd qualifying round and then the money rolls in heavy.

Club_Logo.png

Taunton - Pen-y-Bont - Season review - 2023/24 - Welsh Premier League - FMT

League: "]4th "](Positions)

This season was one step back. I lost my two best players and couldn't replace them. And to make matters worse our best striker was injured for four months. We struggled with scoring goals. It has been a four horse race in Wales. Airbus, TNS, Lido and us is better than the rest. We were worst of the four, but won the play off for Europe to salvage a mediocre season. That is good for we are very dependant of the yearly 300.000 pounds we get from going out in the first qualifying round of Europa League.:)

Went to the final of theWord cup and lost and hammered Connahs Quay in the semi-final in the Welsh cup just to lose to their only shot on goal in the 90+3. minute. Sucker punch.

Best player: "]Jack Summerfield: Second year running. Very solid.

Top scorer: "]Paul Powell: Still top scorer even with four months on the sideline. Irreplacable.

Next season: We can't give up the chase for the league title, can we?

Season  | Welsh Prem | JD Welsh Cup |  theWord Cup |    Europe   |  Top scorer        
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2016/17 |    9th     |   4th rnd    |    1st rnd   |     N/A     |  Jake Eyre      (12)
2017/18 |    4th     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   |     N/A     |  Jack Laird     (14)
2018/19 |    2nd     | Quarter final|    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Jack Laird     (13)
2019/20 |    3rd     |   [b]Winners[/b]    |    [b]Winners[/b]   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey & Paul Powell (24)
2020/21 |    2nd     |   3rd rnd    |  Runners up  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Owain Harvey   (18)
2021/22 |    4th     |   3rd rnd    |    2nd rnd   | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (11)
2022/23 |    2nd     |  Semi final  |  Semi final  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    (21)
2023/24 |    4th     |  Semi final  |  Runners up  | EL-1. Q-rnd |  Paul Powell    ( 9)

149px-Rhyl_FC_Logo.png

Rhyl, 2029/30

I holidayed a lot of this season after the European matches were complete as my team is utterly dominant in Wales right now and indeed over some of the lesser teams of Europe too as we destroyed the Cypriot champions in the 2nd qualifying round. Which set up a rematch against Celtic, we got a gutsy 2-2 draw at home but I wasn't very hopeful transferring that into a win and indeed we went down 2-0 away, much more respectable than the 6 last time. After dropping to the Europa league we got a bad draw, Southampton are too strong, the premier league is much much higher quality. The good point though with prize money and gate receipts, 3rd qualifying round of CL is enough for me to have a break even season.

Rhyl 5-1 Omonoia Nicosia

Omonoia Nicosia 0-1 Rhyl

Champions League 3rd Qualifying Round

Rhyl 2-2 Celtic

Celtic 2-0 Rhyl

Europa League Playoff

Rhyl 1-3 Southampton

Southampton 3-0 Rhyl

Domestically, we are the best team by far, my assman for the most part was responsible for our unbeaten season. This season though I'd like to talk about losing players, something that has annoyed me about playing low level leagues like Wales before, you can never get true value for your players and you can't not sell them as they will hate you and leave at the end of contract anyway. A few seasons ago I lost Rhys Evans for £10K +50% (which turned out to be worth £75K) from the present day screenshot you can see he is worth £5.25M now. This season I lost 3 players, 2 of which from my youth academy for an average £50K +50% next sale each.

Andy Roberts, key man past two seasons, best player in Wales perhaps.

Ilan Russell, youth product got his chance after Roberts left, the fastest increase in stats I've seen since FM15 when I had a world class 17 yo GK in the Bundesliga.

Brett Pierce, youth product who only played 9 times for my 1st team, snapped up so fast after I started trying to get him some match experience, I think he really did leave too soon.

Key man: Danny Baines, special mention to Vance "Vinnie" Manders who managed to get himself sent off 30 seconds in one match.

Top scorer: Miles Foster

2028/29 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Qtr Fnl   | 3rd Rnd   | CL 2nd Rnd | Awful draw
2029/30 | Rhyl        | 1st    | Winners   | 3rd Rnd   | CL 3rd Rnd | EL Playoff

Archived