FM 16 - Getting midfielders to perform

Hi guys, im using Inter and im currently 10 games into the second season. In the first, i got good results, finishing 3rd just shy off the 2nd while getting a couple of long injuries to key players in the last couple of months. I started playing 4-1-2-2-1 alas Barcelona, but my DM was getting really bad rating and my two CMs were having some troubles finding players open and the remained static for the most part. I was not doing bad in the league, just as expected but i wasnt happy with this trio, so i decided to change DM to CM. Im still using this tactic.

While i know that ratings arent everything, the fans get angry with the players, which in turn makes the board angry at me. Also, and more importantly, im pretty sure im not getting them to play as well as they could/should. This is my current tactic:

formation_zpsdwt1sj8i.png

Team%20instructions_zpsge9s0oot.png

This are the 3 players intructions:

btb%20instr_zpsbscsoagz.png

CM%20inst_zpspcwrr5ar.png

AP%20inst_zpswspvhqb4.png

At this point in time, the only way my CMs get good ranking is if we win by a big margin or if they score or assist a couple of times. If not, they get 6.7 at best. The only one not following this trend is the AP, who get what i would call, normal ratings.

Any type of help or tips would be much appreciated. If you think i should post a different pic from another player or something like that, dont hesitate to ask!

Thanks in advance!!

I personally think it's just a problem with the match ratings. My midfielders are doing quite well in games, but they still get lower match rating than the rest. If you play a DM, expect him to get a 6.5-6.9 AVR, unless you are constantly beating teams with plenty of goals.

Thanks for the reply. While i was aware that some ppl think that the average rating of the DM is bugged in some way (which is something SI is struggling for the last 2 or 3 years) i would like to get some feedback about the tactics anyway. I get the feeling that my team could be playing even better, and im quite sure the problem is in the midfield.

I do hope that Si can fix the issue with the ratings, tho in my game im closely looking at the mistakes after each game and im having far less than the opponent (normally) and my defensive CM normally gets 2 or 3, that is more or less the same than other players who get good grades. Maybe its not just that that makes the rating so low.

How is their passing accuracy?

Your three forwards are all running in to the center at first opportunity. I think having one on support would help give them more options to get the ball forward.

I've also had success using closing down less on my CMs. This was in a two man midfield though, but it works rather well. They stay in safe shape and limit the space between the defence and midfield.

The passing accurancy is 78% for Guarin (AP), 83% for Kongobia (CM) and 85% for Brozovic (BTB).

I do have two inside forwards when all are healthy, the left one is on support. I do have both full backs playing quite up the pitch, specially the one behind the IF A.

I just changed the closing down of two of my CMs (the AP and the CM). I ll let you know if that help defensibly.

My main concern is that i cant really seem to break super tight defenses. I would like more defensive stability, but thats hard having 2 offensive full backs, so normally i know im going to get a couple of attacks against my GK per match.

The passing accurancy is 78% for Guarin (AP), 83% for Kongobia (CM) and 85% for Brozovic (BTB).

I do have two inside forwards when all are healthy, the left one is on support. I do have both full backs playing quite up the pitch, specially the one behind the IF A.

I just changed the closing down of two of my CMs (the AP and the CM). I ll let you know if that help defensibly.

My main concern is that i cant really seem to break super tight defenses. I would like more defensive stability, but thats hard having 2 offensive full backs, so normally i know im going to get a couple of attacks against my GK per match.

For more defensive stability play with a dm in midfield, also pump ball into box could have something to do with midfielders performing badly.

Also and advanced forward does not drop really deep enough , so this is a problem with a 433 without someone in the am position, as there is quite a gap between midfield and forward.

Also your midfield is not really creative.

For more defensive stability play with a dm in midfield, also pump ball into box could have something to do with midfielders performing badly.

Also and advanced forward does not drop really deep enough , so this is a problem with a 433 without someone in the am position, as there is quite a gap between midfield and forward.

Also your midfield is not really creative.

He isn't playing with pump the ball into the box, he is using work the ball into the box.

Archived