FM16: Glasgow Celtic - The Celtic Way

I don't know what I'm doing wrong.. I'm in December and I've already had a meeting with the board about keeping my job.. 6 points off the top and been told I need to get 11 points in my next 5 games or that's me.. Jesus! Only made one signing who is out injured and rarely featured.. Greg Stewart ( I know, I know ) hopefully I'll get the 11 points I need and seep the job so I can get to work in the transfer window..

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, great reading this so far hence why I've signed up to save my Celtic share . Firstly I took over Celtic as I thought I'd be able to bring a lot of youth through, after just finishing my first season though the youth I have, including the youth intake are relatively poor. Despite doing well in the u20's league which we won I am planning on completely overhauling the youth staff.

Anyway down to the first season review, I won the league by 22 points , was never troubled by anybody. Only got beat once, and managed to keep 25 clean sheets in the league which I'm chuffed with. Won the league cup with a 3-0 win again hearts but was knocked out of the Scottish cup by Kilmarnock in the semi's (decided not to renew mulgrews contract after his shambolic performance). I was knocked out of the champs league in the groups (Chelsea, Leverkusen, galatasary). Wasn't outclassed by any of them and despite scoring 12 goals finished 4th in the group with 5 points. Late goals conceded against Chelsea and Leverkusen cost me 4 points which ultimately cost me being dumped into the Europa league .

In regards to transfers I first looked for youth but decided to only bring in Harry souttar. Later in January rob holding was bought in from Bolton for 600k and Chris Martin from Derby as commons was doing my head in. Replaced nir bitton with Lewis cook who was sold to Chelsea for 9 million. Leigh griffiths, ambrose, boreigter were all shown the exit door also. Carlton Cole and Scott Allan (bad attitude) were left to rot in the u20's as nobody would take them off me.

Team played great all year round, standout performers were Kieren tierney(player of the season and league player of the season), simunovic, sviatchenko, Stuart Armstrong and mackay Steven. Despite never playing great the team was never the same when johansen wasn't in the starting 11 so in a weird way he was almost the first name on the team sheet.

Just started pre season and looking to shift out most of the squad who were loaned out who aren't youngsters, aiming to get past the champions league groups so hopefully will be bringing in a new goalkeeper, winger and striker who are all good enough for the champs league . It maybe a couple of years before my youth plan kicks in but gave 8 players a chance this year, some who did well despite the stats being terrible so the opportunity is there for them.

All in all one of the most interesting saves I have done so far on any football manager game, a lot to look forward to in the new season especially games against rangers (who I'm yet to come across).

• 1 month later...

I've just went back to this save but back to before I won the CL etc. Start of 2nd season.

After my 3rd CL in a row I went to arsenal and it was crap. Going to go back and concentrate on some of the players I let go ie. Harry Souttar & Janko

• 3 weeks later...

Started a "top club journeyman" sort of save, started at Celtic, obviously the league theoretically should be easy with the main challenge being in Europe.

Breezed through to the group stage with no problems, to be given a group of death! Man City, PSG and Salzburg. Yikes. Was hoping to get at least 3rd and continue a form European run.

Started well with a 3-0 win away to Salzburg, but then came PSG to Celtic Park. Unbelievably, I won, and not just won, but played them off the park with a 4-0 thrashing. I couldn't believe it - wasn't like the Celtic game vs Barca IRL a few seasons ago, unless we were Barca.. and we won. This put us top of the group and 3 points ahead of PSG as they beat Man City 1-0 in the first game, City away was next.

So I loaded the save up yesterday and.. doh. Obviously I forgot to save it, and I've lost the PSG game. Feel devastated, no way in hell are they going to reproduce that performance against PSG. I held that high in my best performances and results in my time playing FM since 06.

Now what :(

• 2 months later...

Looks like this thread is dead lol back playing, finally got fm16 over a month ago(yes I know the new one is out in nov  lol) got it for $20(Canadian) as I am now living in Canada. Finished my first season but was really tightly fought, got into the champions league knockout stage only to be knocked out by man city. Building a youthful side up with a few choice veterans. Hope your doing good in your saves

Archived