Stadium Appearance?

Codeye

Does anyone how the game decides what a teams stadium looks like in the 3D match engine?

Just wondering if there is anything i can do in the editor to make a stadium the more traditional, 4 individual stand type(no corner stands), instead of a big bowl "identikit" style?

Obviously it cant be an exact mirror image of the clubs real stadium due to the licensing issues, but if i can get it to at least be the right layout id be a happy man.

Thanks in advance...

Actually the stadiums are supposed to look more like their real-life counterparts now, as we researchers were asked for details about them. So if yours doesn't, I would take it up in the data issues forum.

There is a stadium_templates.edt file in steamapps\common\Football Manager 2016\data\db\1600\edt\permanent but changes there don't seem to take affect in the game. It'd be interesting to know if anyone has ever got it working.

Actually the stadiums are supposed to look more like their real-life counterparts now, as we researchers were asked for details about them. So if yours doesn't, I would take it up in the data issues forum.

Do you know if it is possible to do that in the editor? The Hereford researcher didn't give Hereford a stadium in the game (it is still in the db from the old club).

Just for a bit if an update, and i suppose some closure on this issue, Stadias designs are randomly assigned based on club reputation, size, club colours etc(as per a mod in the data errors forum)

So it doesn't look like the info the researchers provided(that Dllu mentioned earlier in the thread) is currently actively used.

• SI Staff
Just for a bit if an update, and i suppose some closure on this issue, Stadias designs are randomly assigned based on club reputation, size, club colours etc(as per a mod in the data errors forum)

So it doesn't look like the info the researchers provided(that Dllu mentioned earlier in the thread) is currently actively used.

Requests are made to the research team to collect and collate data, but we don't always know when or how that data is going to be used.

Closing this topic now

Archived