Begging for some help with Chelsea

Hi !!!

I am really trying to get a grip on making your own tactic, but im getting frustrated because I feel that no matter what instructions I give to the team, I really dont see any change in my team performance. I can tell if its going to be a good or bad game 10 minutes into the game, If im being dominated by the other team theres is no instruction or formation I can use that turns the things around. I might win, but it feels more like a fortunate win than something that was product of my instructions.

Im playing FM2016 with Chelsea and im not doing bad, Im currently second but I can get rid of that feeling I recently explained. My last game was away against Manchester City (they are 5th in my save game) and I lost 4-0. Can you help me undertstand what is wrong with my tactic??? I post some images for you guys:

This is the tactics I used:

1VgWfqZ.png

And this are my team instructions:

rFjgHrK.png

What I am looking with this tactic is the following:

• I am looking to design a tactic to use on away games against strong teams (City, United, Arsenal, etc)
  • On the defense: I want my defense line to drop back a little so my team be a solid unit on my own half, closing down a lot when the other team crosses the half of the court
  • I have selected "Get Stuck in" because I want the other team not to be comfortable with the ball
  • Width, I have select Balanced to be more solid in defense
  • Higher tempo because I want my team to rapidly counterattack when we get the ball back
  • Build up: clear ball to the flanks to exploit Hazard and Willian
  • Pass into space, so the team explodes Hazard and Pedro Speed
  • More Direct passing, because it goes along with a counterattack strategy... right?
  • Shoot on sight
  • Run at defence so Hazard and Pedro explode their agility

This are the match stats:

KMl6JEQ.png

And this are my player stats:

XFrb9VD.png

As I said before, I lost the match 4-0 ... your feedback is welcome to help me understand what I am doing wrong.

Thanks!

Don't worry, you're still doing better than Jose in real life ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

My first observation would be that you have limited cover on the flanks, considering you're playing a counter attacking style. Perhaps the shape and the roles do not necessarily lend themselves to counter-attacking. I would imagine that the IF(A)s remain reasonably far forward, leaving your fullbacks exposed and the remaining 7 outfield players trying to plug the gaps behind.

If you wish to counter-attack, I recommend solid formations ideally with two banks of four such as 4-4-2, 4-4-1-1, 4-1-4-1.

Your shape - particularly with the attacking trident - is perhaps better suited to a pressing game in which the front 3 would harass the opposition fullbacks.

Hahahaha... you have the right to say that, Jose's having a tough year :(

Thanks for your answer, So in order to achieve the style of play I intend you suggest a formation like this:

WXkjQwK.png

What about roles and team instructions... do they make sense to you?

I know how you feel had the same problem till i went back to basic, first read Pairs and Combination then take a step back and decide what you want to do and the style you want to play then look at the instructions in FM and reason it out logically this is, i want them to pass into space but i am pressing up high that won't work. Decide who on the team should be doing what then after that you will start to see some clearer perspective on what is happening.

Archived