Is there a way to edit team names in a existing save?

GS1981

Hi there is a few team names i forgot to edit, but I'm deep into a new game now, they are really bugging me but i don't want to start a new game, is there anyway, some sort of tool or hex editor or anything that can change the teams names?

Ps. They should add this option to the SI Ingame editor!

• 3 weeks later...

Short answer ; no. I wanted to do the same thing, but once you start a new career ( game save ) it's not possible to do. Make sure ALL the changes you want to make are done beforehand, with the pre-game editor.

I don't know why they don't include the ability to edit team names with the latest in-game editor. And also the ability to create new teams and new players whilst in-game, would also be useful. Come on, Sports Interactive - make the in-game editor even more functional !

You can easy do that by editing or add a .lnc file.

This is just an example of the code you need:

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 158 "Fussballclub Red Bull Salzburg" ""

"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 158 "FC Red Bull Salzburg" ""

It's placed in the db folder -->lnc, when you load your save game it will change the name.

http://footballmanager.wikia.com/wiki/LNC_file

clear cache/reload skin is only necessary when loading new graphics. When you create/change/download a .lnc file and place it in the db/lnc folder, it loads the changes when you just reload your save game.

• 3 weeks later...
You can easy do that by editing or add a .lnc file.

This is just an example of the code you need:

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 158 "Fussballclub Red Bull Salzburg" ""

"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 158 "FC Red Bull Salzburg" ""

It's placed in the db folder -->lnc, when you load your save game it will change the name.

http://footballmanager.wikia.com/wiki/LNC_file

tried that and it did not work. I used this in the existin lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc file:

"CLUB_LONG_NAME_CHANGE" 9101338 "RB Leipzig" ""

"CLUB_SHORT_NAME_CHANGE" 9101338 "RB Leipzig" ""

Does it matter what file the text is put on?

edit:

also tried

"CLUB_NAME_CHANGE" 9101338 "RB Leipzig" ""

which did not work either

First, check the punctuation, sometimes a '' is saved as ”, which does not work.

Second, you have to do this in both db folders 16.00 and 16.01

It should not matter what file you are using, as long as it is a .lnc file.

First, check the punctuation, sometimes a '' is saved as ”, which does not work.

That still isn't working. =\

I edited both lic_dan_swe_fra.lnc files in both 1600 and 1601 folders. And even added "English" as the language. But to no avail. Oh well, I just have 1 more season on this save anyway, then I start a new club and have Leipzig edited on the FM Editor

Thirdly, if you have an editor data file already in place which has already made changes to the entry you want to edit, then it isn't possible to change it again through an lnc file.

• 2 weeks later...
Thirdly, if you have an editor data file already in place which has already made changes to the entry you want to edit, then it isn't possible to change it again through an lnc file.

even if it the editor data wasn't applied until after the save?

And thanks for the info. I DID change "RBL" to "RB Leipzig" in the official FM Editor after my current save, so it doesn't apply to that save file (obviously. why I'm here). But it also will block any changes to the .lnc file?

• 2 years later...

Archived