Help me!

I am a Hull City fan but my favourite team to manage on FM by far, is Swansea. I love to try and replicate the current tactics and build the team around the type of players they already have.

The board have asked me to play possession football, which I'm finding easy, however I'm conceding way too many goals and not necessarily playing the way I'd like to play.

I like to play 4-2-3-1 Wide formation. My preferred line up is Fabianski, Taylor, Williams, Fernandez, Naughton, Cork/Ki alongside Jonjo Shelvey in midfield, Ladislav Krejci/Montero at AML and Ayew as an inside forward at AMR with Sigurdsson behind Wilfred Bony (He was transfer listed by City in Jan so I brought him back).

I'd like to play passing football down the right, playing narrow but then switch the ball to Montero/Krejci on the left - much as they do in real life but I'm finding this difficult.

I'm also conceding lots of goals, and not scoring enough. I often have over 60% possession but this on its own obviously isn't good enough. I am in 15th and 2 points above the relegation zone, but only 1 point behind 13th.

Can somebody help? Ideally, id want to play possession football, scoring lots of goals and not letting many in. Any tips?

Thank you!

I am a Hull City fan but my favourite team to manage on FM by far, is Swansea. I love to try and replicate the current tactics and build the team around the type of players they already have.

The board have asked me to play possession football, which I'm finding easy, however I'm conceding way too many goals and not necessarily playing the way I'd like to play.

I like to play 4-2-3-1 Wide formation. My preferred line up is Fabianski, Taylor, Williams, Fernandez, Naughton, Cork/Ki alongside Jonjo Shelvey in midfield, Ladislav Krejci/Montero at AML and Ayew as an inside forward at AMR with Sigurdsson behind Wilfred Bony (He was transfer listed by City in Jan so I brought him back).

I'd like to play passing football down the right, playing narrow but then switch the ball to Montero/Krejci on the left - much as they do in real life but I'm finding this difficult.

I'm also conceding lots of goals, and not scoring enough. I often have over 60% possession but this on its own obviously isn't good enough. I am in 15th and 2 points above the relegation zone, but only 1 point behind 13th.

Can somebody help? Ideally, id want to play possession football, scoring lots of goals and not letting many in. Any tips?

Thank you!

I think most people want to score lots of goals and not letting many in.

I think most people want to score lots of goals and not letting many in.

Well, yes, but was there a need to point that out? Unhelpful throwaway replies like that really don't help anyone, so please refrain.

OP: You'd do best to post your relevant tactic screens here as well as your observations on where you see it breaking down and how you are conceding. This would be the surest way to get some meaningful assistance.

Archived