Squad meetings need polishing...

I've had two instances of this now with my Man City save.

1) Bayern Munich bid £28m for Kevin De Bruyne. I rejected. He said he wants to leave. I said no. The rest of the squad said I should let him go. I agreed but Bayern never came back in for him...but Arsenal did at £55m. So I sold. Rest of the squad annoyed that I sold a Key Player even though they told me to let him go!

2) Same thing with Barcelona bidding £20m for Aguero. Obviously I rejected. He said he wants to leave. I said no. The rest of the squad said I should let him go. I agreed but Barcelona never came back in for him...but, again, Arsenal did at £63m. So I sold. Rest of the squad annoyed that I sold a Key Player even though they told me to let him go!

Also, I had already bought a replacement for these players (Pogba for De Bruyne, and Lukaku for Aguero [don't laugh, Lukaku is one of the best strikers on the game]) but this isn't accounted for. You have to buy the replacement player AFTER your player has left, not a day or two beforehand. There should be an option when meeting with the squad who are unhappy at you selling a Key Player to say "Yeah, but look, Pogba only signed a few days ago, I signed him in preparation for De Bruyne leaving." In the past I have found myself buying yet another world class player, who I don't really need, just to appease the squad, rather than the game accounting for players I have signed in recent days/weeks.

It should also account for other players in your squad. I sold Jesus Navas, but the year before I had already bought, and given regular first team football to, Goncalo Guedes. When Navas left lots of players were unhappy, but the game should really account for the fact that I have this Wonderkid winger (who, by the way, is insanely good) who can step into Navas' boots - it doesn't really require a team meeting and squad unrest every single time I sell a big name player!

1) I can understand it seems a bit frustrating, but the squad wanted you to let the player go to the club he wanted to go to (=Bayern), they surely did not want you to sell him to any team. Imagine something like that: "Okay coach, he is a great player, but also a good friend, so if he wanted to go to Bayern, you should have let him go. But you rejected, and now you sold a key player to another club even if he didn't want to go there! That doesn't make sense! Either keep him for good or sell him to the club he wants to go!" I can see that 30 million pounds make a difference for you, but the game cannot understand your reasoning here.

2) See above. Keep in mind that your players are not directors, they don't really care about financial club strategies, they care about their teammate they like and either want him to be happy going to Barcelona or they want him staying at the club.

You should still post it in the bug forum, so SI can see if they can optimise these situations.

1) I can understand it seems a bit frustrating, but the squad wanted you to let the player go to the club he wanted to go to (=Bayern), they surely did not want you to sell him to any team. Imagine something like that: "Okay coach, he is a great player, but also a good friend, so if he wanted to go to Bayern, you should have let him go. But you rejected, and now you sold a key player to another club even if he didn't want to go there! That doesn't make sense! Either keep him for good or sell him to the club he wants to go!" I can see that 30 million pounds make a difference for you, but the game cannot understand your reasoning here.

2) See above. Keep in mind that your players are not directors, they don't really care about financial club strategies, they care about their teammate they like and either want him to be happy going to Barcelona or they want him staying at the club.

You should still post it in the bug forum, so SI can see if they can optimise these situations.

If he had rejected the 2nd offer the player himself would complain and ask why he wasn't sold. He'd most likely come with the argument that the offer was good and something in the line with

"i know it's not Bayern but the offer was good and i still want to leave. Which then would spark the team-mates throwing a fit again. Asking about why he wasn't allowed to leave.

Not saying it definitely would happen but it's very likely. Just basing that on my own experience.

It's very annoying because in those situations it really feels like a lose/lose situation.

I also have the experience of players not recognising a replacement for the players sold until he arrives at the club, after the

player he's replacing has been sold.

You sort of get punished for having someone in your sights, react and act on the situation quickly.

i would definitely say to OP to report it in the Bugs forum. Not that it is a bug per se, but maybe they can take a look at it

and try to get it to work better.

If he had rejected the 2nd offer the player himself would complain and ask why he wasn't sold. He'd most likely come with the argument that the offer was good and something in the line with

"i know it's not Bayern but the offer was good and i still want to leave. Which then would spark the team-mates throwing a fit again. Asking about why he wasn't allowed to leave.

Not saying it definitely would happen but it's very likely. Just basing that on my own experience.

It's very annoying because in those situations it really feels like a lose/lose situation.

I also have the experience of players not recognising a replacement for the players sold until he arrives at the club, after the

player he's replacing has been sold.

You sort of get punished for having someone in your sights, react and act on the situation quickly.

i would definitely say to OP to report it in the Bugs forum. Not that it is a bug per se, but maybe they can take a look at it

and try to get it to work better.

If he DID complain again after rejecting the second offer, then it would certainly be a bug, because the squad should recognize his will to leave (like at the first time). But I don't think De Bruyne or Aguero would want to go to Arsenal desperately (Bayern and Barca do have a bigger reputation). If an offer comes in you can check on the offer screen if the player says he wants to negotiate a contract with them: I'm pretty sure no one from the squad complains if such an offer is accepted, while they do complain when an offer is accepted when the message does not appear. That's why I'm quite sure no one would have complained if he rejected Arsenal's offer. I have the feeling that everything is okay here: The OP didn't sell the player when he "had" too (from the squad's perspective), and then he sold the player when he didn't have too. Only way to check is getting a save over to SI, though.

If he DID complain again after rejecting the second offer, then it would certainly be a bug, because the squad should recognize his will to leave (like at the first time). But I don't think De Bruyne or Aguero would want to go to Arsenal desperately (Bayern and Barca do have a bigger reputation). If an offer comes in you can check on the offer screen if the player says he wants to negotiate a contract with them: I'm pretty sure no one from the squad complains if such an offer is accepted, while they do complain when an offer is accepted when the message does not appear. That's why I'm quite sure no one would have complained if he rejected Arsenal's offer. I have the feeling that everything is okay here: The OP didn't sell the player when he "had" too (from the squad's perspective), and then he sold the player when he didn't have too. Only way to check is getting a save over to SI, though.

The few times it has been an issue, in my experience, the player (and/or team-mates) it has happened regardless of which club has come in with the 2nd offer.

Just like you i was thinking the same Club stature, reputation and all that. Coming to the conclusion that the club is worse than the club the player wants to go to.

The club has a lower reputation than the club he wants to go to (and sometimes even worse rep than the club he's at).

Considering that and other things i come to the conclusion i will reject that offer.

Wrong choice. All hell breaking loose within the squad.

So, my experience is that when a player wants to be sold to a specific club i take that as, the player wants to leave the club. Preferrably to that one particular club.

If they don't bid for him, but someone else do it's probably a good idea to accept it, because he still wants to leave the club.

Provided the offer is good enough, of course.

It doesn't happen often though but when it happens i do try to get that player away from the club, as soon as possible.

I did think that selling to a rival club in the same league would be an issue, but at the end of the day the player was unhappy, I'd agreed to sell, and it was transfer deadline day - and they were both very good offers considering I don't actually rate KDB on the game (he's immense IRL though), and Aguero is obviously amazing but I have Morata, I had just bought Lukaku, and I'm a few years in so £63m for a 30-year old is too good to turn down!

The few times it has been an issue, in my experience, the player (and/or team-mates) it has happened regardless of which club has come in with the 2nd offer.

Just like you i was thinking the same Club stature, reputation and all that. Coming to the conclusion that the club is worse than the club the player wants to go to.

The club has a lower reputation than the club he wants to go to (and sometimes even worse rep than the club he's at).

Considering that and other things i come to the conclusion i will reject that offer.

Wrong choice. All hell breaking loose within the squad.

So, my experience is that when a player wants to be sold to a specific club i take that as, the player wants to leave the club. Preferrably to that one particular club.

If they don't bid for him, but someone else do it's probably a good idea to accept it, because he still wants to leave the club.

Provided the offer is good enough, of course.

It doesn't happen often though but when it happens i do try to get that player away from the club, as soon as possible.

If this is your experience I can hardly speak against that. For my part I have never had any problems SELLING a player when the message on the offer screen said he wanted to negotiate, and I have never had a problem HOLDING onto a player when the offer screen said nothing about his willingness to negotiate

I did think that selling to a rival club in the same league would be an issue, but at the end of the day the player was unhappy, I'd agreed to sell, and it was transfer deadline day - and they were both very good offers considering I don't actually rate KDB on the game (he's immense IRL though), and Aguero is obviously amazing but I have Morata, I had just bought Lukaku, and I'm a few years in so £63m for a 30-year old is too good to turn down!

I can understand your reasoning, and you have made a valid decision. KDB is a better player than those you brought in, so they would still have some reason to complain, not to mention friendship and such. If it isn't a bug (that is: If the squad would not have complained if you turned down the Arsenal offer), you did good financial management but have to account for the consequences on the man management side. These decision happen in real life too, so again, if it isn't a bug, it's good as it is I think.

If this is your experience I can hardly speak against that. For my part I have never had any problems SELLING a player when the message on the offer screen said he wanted to negotiate, and I have never had a problem HOLDING onto a player when the offer screen said nothing about his willingness to negotiate

It hasn't happened very often, luckily. Just a few times. So i wouldn't say, in my experience, that it is a regular happening.

But like you said as well, reporting it in the bugs forum could probably be an idea, so it can be investigated to see if there

is a problem or not. It could perhaps just be the wording of everything that is a bit weird, instead of the whole thing possibly being an issue.

Annoying when it does happen though :D

Archived