Movement of Reserve teams if Senior side Promoted or relegated.

YOUNGSTEVE

In Northern Ireland from what I can see is that the Premiership has a reserve league for all its sides, which change when sides are relegated or promoted. In the default game the other teams don't play in a reserve league & play friendlies though in real life they player in the lower leagues. Now I am editing the lower leagues, putting the reserve teams in their correct divisions.

What I would like to know is what happens to a side that is promoted to the Premier League. Normally their 2nd team would automatically play in the reserve league, so would the team move out of the division they are playing in or not. Likewise if a team is relegated out of the premiership what happens to their reserve team? Does it move to another league (I can't see how) or has no fixtures. Anyone know how to do this in the editor.

There's an option in the competition screen in the nation rules you can select to stop reserve/b teams getting promoted (applies to any level), or can't be promoted if the main team is within 2 divisions (levels) above.

If you've got a level below, the reserve team will get relegated to that level, regardless of where they finish in the league. I used to see reserve teams finishing 2nd and getting relegated because their first team got relegated in the level above.

There's an option in the competition screen in the nation rules you can select to stop reserve/b teams getting promoted (applies to any level), or can't be promoted if the main team is within 2 divisions (levels) above.

If you've got a level below, the reserve team will get relegated to that level, regardless of where they finish in the league. I used to see reserve teams finishing 2nd and getting relegated because their first team got relegated in the level above.

Yes I know that, but what happens to reserve teams that are promoted or relegated from the Premiership (top league), which is the only division with a specific reserve league. Say for instance Larne was promoted to the Premiership (not at all unlikely). Normally its reserves will be put into the reserve premiership league, but if I edit the lower leagues, their reserves 'Larne Olympic' play in Ballymena & Provincial Junior Division 2, which is around level 6. Does it stay there or move straight out to the reserves leagues. Likewise what happens to the reserves of a side that is relegated.

Seems a bit complicated I know, & might not be easily resolved. If anyone knows it will be someone like you, who made your fantastic level 11 database for 2014, which I really enjoyed playing. In England this becomes more noticeable around level 11 and above where reserve teams play in all the local leagues.

Yes I know that, but what happens to reserve teams that are promoted or relegated from the Premiership (top league), which is the only division with a specific reserve league. Say for instance Larne was promoted to the Premiership (not at all unlikely). Normally its reserves will be put into the reserve premiership league, but if I edit the lower leagues, their reserves 'Larne Olympic' play in Ballymena & Provincial Junior Division 2, which is around level 6. Does it stay there or move straight out to the reserves leagues. Likewise what happens to the reserves of a side that is relegated.

Seems a bit complicated I know, & might not be easily resolved. If anyone knows it will be someone like you, who made your fantastic level 11 database for 2014, which I really enjoyed playing. In England this becomes more noticeable around level 11 and above where reserve teams play in all the local leagues.

Ah sorry, yes Larne Olympic will stay there in Level 6, I don't think there's a way of aligning the reserves with the main structure. When I made reserve divisions in mine, they stayed in the reserve divisions, even if their first team got promoted to the Football League, has it's advantages and disadvantages I suppose.

Thank you for your nice words about my file :)

Do you know where about this is, as I cannot see anything even under advanced rules.

Its on the U21/U18 screen in the nation rules, but it'll be greyed out if you're adding leagues to a nation. If you're making the structure from scratch you'll be able to select it.

Archived