Renewing old Part-time contracts as new manager?

Hi all - I'm completely new to the FM series and enjoying it very much. But living in Australia, my exposure to football is pretty low, so I've been on a steep learning curve in the last two weeks (still trying to wrap my head around transfer windows, for example!).

Most questions I have I have been able to find out using Google, but I can't find any help on this particular issue, so I thought I would ask my questions here in hope of an explanation I can understand.

I've taken over at Gainsborough Trinity in Vanarama NL North halfway through the season, and the time has come to renew some contracts. There are a number of existing part-time contracts with status of rotation, backup, and hot prospect that are due to expire as of 30/06/16. But when I go to offer new contracts, I only have access to part-time contracts with Key Player or First Team. Rotation, backup and hot prospect are only available to me as a non-contract option.

I guess I can swap the players over to non-contract equivalents, but I'm curious about whether this is what I'm supposed to do, or whether I have another option available that I don't know about.

I'm also curious about why it is that if these players are on existing part-time backup, rotation, and hot prospect contracts already, why would my board decide to not allow me as the new manager to make and renew the same sort of contract deals as have been made in the past?

Is this the game trying to simulate the lack of trust by the board in a new manager, and I can expect to have the restrictions eased as my reputation and trust gets batter? A bug? Or something about English football I don't understand?

Thanks.

Your board has imposed restrictions on who you can offer part time contracts too. If you are unable to offer a part time contract you will have to do a non contract for them. As for you not able to offer people the same contract as before is that things change. Next year you maybe able to offer more people part time contracts. if you get promoted and your board decide to go semi pro youll get more people to sign to part time

Thanks for the reply - in the end I did have to go with using non-contracts. Lost a couple of players at the start of the new season but most of them stayed so it worked out OK.

No changes to board policy in the second year, but I'll keep an eye on it as we go forward. Fingers crossed.

The club is Gainsborough Trinity in Vanarama North, which is semi-pro already, but I don't know if that makes a difference. Seems kind of strange that you aren't informed about the board's policy for signing contracts until after you take over, but never mind.

Thanks again for the reply.

Archived