Discipline Problems?

I'm managing Lens and i'm using a tactic that isn't aggressive in the slightest. They're supposed to be staying on their feet but since the start of the season, i've played 7 games, which have resulted in 5 red cards and 37 yellows in SEVEN games! That's 15 more yellows than the second worst offenders. Twice i've finished the game with 9 men. It makes it worse in the french leagues as 3 yellow cards result in a ban. Is anybody else finding the same problem?

Aggressiveness isn't the only cause of yellow cards. There may be a weak link in the tactic, which players will be scrambling to try and fix.

Also have a look if there's a specific position or positions that is picking up a lot of cards. That would be a start.

Then there's the individual battles on the field. Players prone to picking up yellow cards - who is their opposite number? Is he much better in dribbling, acceleration or agility maybe? You could ask these players to stay on feet rather?

Something to think about.

I am actually Barnetfan. It's not excessive for me (yet)....but throughout the whole league (Italian Lega Pro) I would say there are at least 5/6 yellows 'per match'...it's really crazy.

Last game I played I picked up 2 yellows, the other team picked up 7!!! Something is amiss somewhere surely?

Archived