Luiz Adriano

In My Cardiff save 2nd season i tried to buy Luiz Adriano from AC Milan.

But - they refuse him a work permit - as i understand the rules a player from Serie A would normally have very good chances of getting a work permit in England?

Can this be right?

Work permit rules have nothing to do with where the player played.

In the UK a player from outside the EU needs to have played in a certain % of his countries games over the last 2 years. The % needed depends on the ranking of the country.

New work permit system

Required % of international matches over previous 24 months is determined by the player’s National Association’s official FIFA ranking:

FIFA 1-10: 30% and above

FIFA 11-20: 45% and above

FIFA 21-30: 60% and above

FIFA 31-50: 75% and above

I'm not sure how accurately FM has coded the new rules but given he has only four Brazilian caps its unlikely he would receive a WP IRL.

Yea a 28 year old Brazilian with 4 caps will not be getting WP in real life either, Uncapped or very few caps and over 25 you will almost certainly not get a WP, Even if you just won the CL with Real Madrid because it doesn't matter where you played before

How do chelsea intend to sign Alex Texiera IRL then? He's uncapped.

Well as it stands they haven't signed him yet and I would say its very unlikely he would get a WP for the UK based on the new rules.

Their only hope would be if he could be still classed as an "Exceptional Talent" but that is usually reserved for younger players. At 25yo its going to be tough to argue thats the case.

We'll just have to wait & see what happens IRL and how strictly the new rules are implemented by the government & FA.

How do chelsea intend to sign Alex Texiera IRL then? He's uncapped.

If he has an EU passport (Portugal, Spain, Italy etc.) I think WP rules won't be a bother. That said, its pretty easy to get South Americans classed as EU in game, get a Spanish affiliate and send him there for 2 years.

Archived