Registration issue?

This might sound a bit stupid but I'm pretty new to football manager. I've recently started a career with Cardiff City, and after signing Morgan amalfitano on a free he is always unavailable (una symbol next to his name). I'm guessing this is a registration issue I simply don't know how to sort out!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

There's no registration in FMC/FMT, so it won't be that.

Sometimes it can be because of a condition he has in real life that the game isn't licenced to include, but will have him unavailable anyway. In last year's game Jonathan Biabiany was out for about a year with an illness, and was just listed as 'Una' for a prolonged period of time. Maybe do a search on the net to see if this is the same thing with this player.

Either that, or he's maybe already played for 2 different clubs in the calendar year you're in, so will be unavailable until the next calendar year kicks in. Not sure if that's in FMC or not.

This might sound a bit stupid but I'm pretty new to football manager. I've recently started a career with Cardiff City, and after signing Morgan amalfitano on a free he is always unavailable (una symbol next to his name). I'm guessing this is a registration issue I simply don't know how to sort out!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers

Hi, the reason for this is that it's the case in real life. It's because Amalfitano was released by West Ham after the transfer window ended, so he is unavailable to play until the January Transfer window opens. Adebayor's in the same boat as he was released by Spurs after the transfer window ended

Archived