HELP! Play 1 game in my savegame for learning purposes

Hello!

Im currently playing with Chelsea on my second season and things have been going quite good, won the premier league on 1st season and I am currently on a comfortable lead on my second season. But from time to time, specially when I have away games vs strong teams, my team just seems like amateurs and play games that I can hardly recognise the players that are on the field: I have no control over possesion during the match (Im not a big posession fan, so this is not a big issue), I hardly make any shots during the match, my team is trap under their own half.... it just hurt my eyes to see my team under this games.

For the purpose of learning I have been playing over an over again a match against Manchester City in this my second season, trying a lot of different tactics (I have the editor so I get maximum tactical familiarity before the game), trying different roles/duties combinations, different players that are in my current squad, different mentalities and different team instructions..... none of this changes have the slightest impact on the game, I always get completely dominated by Manchester City and lose the game.

I dont really care even of the outcome of the game (a loss against manchester city on the Etihad Stadium is a high probability event) but I want to understand if when your team is having this kind of tough games is there something you can do at a tactics level? Or is just the way the game has to go and nothing you do will change the game outcome and not even the level of performance of your team?

This is my save game for you to download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b83fc7kbzy7vfa4/Chelsea.fm?dl=0

This is the current standings table:

7FrwarN.png

And this have been my last games:

inbNXZP.png

What I will really appreciate is that you advice me on how this kind of games should be prepared? (tactics, roles/duties, mentality, Team Instructions, etc.) and understand that when I have this kind of very low level performance is because I failed at something at tactics level or it is just the way it has to be and no decisions will have change the outcome of the game.

I want to thank in advance those of you that take time to try this; I know there are a lot of tactics master minds out here :)

Cheers!

Archived