Senior Affiliate being too generous - dilemma?

I am managing Millwall in League 1 and for a starter I ask my Board to find me a senior affiliate. I always do when playing in lower leagues.

Few days later my Board announces me that ManU is what they found. Great, fantastic! I take that.

Now, this is more than fine but than I have a look at the players available for loan and I almost can't believe my luck: I am offered all the future Utd stars.

As I can take 4 - I go for Sam Jonstone (GK), Jesse Lingard, Guillermo Varela and Nick Powell.

Few months later it is clear that I will walk the league 1 without too much of a problem and this when the dilemma in my head appeared. Is this realistic? Did I get an unfair advantage by abusing the affiliate system?

These doubts got even stronger last night when 3 of "my loanees" were actually playing CL football with Utd against Wolfsburg (2 of them even started).

What are your thoughts about it? Next season I will be in the Championship without any doubt and certainly I will be given the chance to retain them again on loan.

Do you think that this is normal and fair?

Thanks

I don't think it's normal but I think it's fair because your Board went out looking for an affiliate, and it sounds like they had a bit of success in getting Man Utd. I agree that it sounds a bit unlikely that the players you were offered would be in real life. But in the gameworld I guess the players are viewed differently, so I would be ok with it.

I think that if you get the chance to take the players on loan again next season. That would be a lot more un-realistic because if they are highly regarded by Man Utd, you'd expect them to be a lot nearer their first team by then! But I'd make the most of it for the time being! Things can change quickly too!

I don't see what you've done wrong, you just played to the rules that FM allowed. It sounds more like a data issue (player reps are too low) or a transfer bug (players or club should have declined offers from a L1 club).

I'm managing Boreham Wood in VNL. My grestest goal with this save is to get high rep enough to loan from my top senior affiliate Arsenal!!

Also got Watford, Brentford and Reading and I'm so happy because this gives me good choices for every league! (If I manage to get promoted will say...)

Archived