Team Logos

crossej

After the latest patch, I have been unable to update team logos. I have previously installed the metallic logos into the game, along with a few other graphic sets.

I was originally able to update team logos, kits, player faces, etc. without issues.

I haven't noticed until today that I am currently unable to update the team logos. However, I'm able to update all other graphics ( face, kits, etc ). This include when I remove the entire set of graphics folder from the FM16 folders. At which point, all custom graphics are removed from the game with the exception of the team logos. They remain as the metallic logos. It's as though they are forced-cached into the game, while no other graphics are.

I do not use caching in the game, and reload the skin when I make changes. But I have also used the procedures to verify the integrity of the cache. I've also deleted the cache folder and rebooted. I'm at a place where I am unable to make any change to the team logos. But I can change the other graphics.

If you have removed the entire contents of the graphics folder and they are still showing then you'll have another copy of them stored elsewhere that the game is reading.

If you are using a custom skin check to make sure you didn't install the logos into the skin.

If you have downloaded them through the steam workshop you will need to unsubscribe to the pack, then close the game and delete the fmf file, otherwise the game will redownload them next time you run it.

There is also a shared SI folder located here: C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016 make sure you didn't add them to that folder either.

Finally make sure you didn't install a copy into the install location of FM16, as uninstalling the game or verify the cache files wouldn't remove these.

Thanks - A 2nd copy - that was my first thought as well, but I've searched the entire FM16 folder structure and can't find any other graphics. The only other place I had them was in the FM15 directory, which I've also deleted.

I didn't download them via steam.

The shared SI folder is empty. Didn't know about that one.

I agree with you in theory, that a 2nd copy is being referenced or is somehow redirecting my graphics. I just can't make heads or tails of it. Especially when I can update other graphics. Meaning that I know I'm in the right directory structure, know what I'm doing, etc.

I'll dig around further for the specific logo file jpg file. Maybe I can find a duplicate copy somewhere, which could direct me. Perhaps FM16 is reading multiple locations for graphics?

There is four locations FM will read graphics from:

Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\skins

Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016\graphics

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016

\SteamApps\common\Football Manager 2016

Also if you have moved your User Data Location from its default location, have a look in the default location (\Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2016) incase you left them there and it is for some reason still reading them from the default location.

Well, mystery is solved.

I had other files in:

<custom FM16 dir>/Graphics

but, in addition to that, I also had:

<custom FM16 dir>/Download/graphics

In the Download/Graphics, I had downloaded, unzipped, organized, etc the various downloads. One of which was the metallic logo pack containing the team logos ( but not under 21's or under 18's ).

Once I removed /Download/Graphics, it started working as expected. So FM is looking in /*/graphics for any graphics data. That, or any subdirectories to find config.xml files. I didn't do further testing on this end.

Archived