FM16: System Flexibility is possible?

Hello,

I'm planning a save with my favourite team (F.C. Internazionale) and I'd like to create a playing system that can be easily adapt to different way of play, without changing the formation.

Let me explain it much better.

This year, IRL, F.C. Inter shows a lot of flexibility in lineup and in how the players act the roles. I want to recreate this flexibility but this collide with the ME and position/duty combo. I start with an example so you can understad better what I'm asking to you.

My basic system will have a back 4 (and this is easy to achieve), one player holding to protect the defense (A o DM it depends), two central midfielder, one forward and 2 players acting in wide position. These 2 players are what are currently struggling me.

For example left players:

- If I want a winger-style with a lot of crosses and dribbling I use Perisic

- If I want a more creative players acting like a creator/playmaker who cuts inside I use Ljaijc

- If I want a second forward I use Palacio

- If I want more coverage and defensive work I use Telles or Nagatomo.

The question is: how can I achieve this without changing position but only role and duty?

If I set the position as AML is easy to reach Palacio/Perisic/Ljajic style but how can I achieve the tracking back behaviour in a 4-1-4-1 of Nagatomo and Telles?

If I set the position as ML is easy to reach Nagatomo/Perisic and probably Ljaijc but how can I achieve the goal-scorer behaviour of a second forward?

In your opinion for this kind of project is better to set a 4-1-4-1 or a 4-1-2-2-1 wide?

Thank you.

Surely it's not hard? You just change the role and duty depending on the player you pick. Why don't you set three tactics up with all of the varying styles you want. Set the same (or similar) formation up as the base for all three tactics and then change the roles you want to change. It may look like Inter use the same system week in week out in real life but the reality is there will be some subtle changes made to achieve what you have described. I would have a 4-1-4-1 set and a 4-1-2-2-1 as well. They're essentially the same formation just one is slightly more attacking than the other for when you play your goal scoring midfielders. Don't expect to set one formation and run with it. Otherwise SI wouldn't have given you three spaces for tactics.

Surely it's not hard? You just change the role and duty depending on the player you pick. Why don't you set three tactics up with all of the varying styles you want. Set the same (or similar) formation up as the base for all three tactics and then change the roles you want to change. It may look like Inter use the same system week in week out in real life but the reality is there will be some subtle changes made to achieve what you have described. I would have a 4-1-4-1 set and a 4-1-2-2-1 as well. They're essentially the same formation just one is slightly more attacking than the other for when you play your goal scoring midfielders. Don't expect to set one formation and run with it. Otherwise SI wouldn't have given you three spaces for tactics.

I understand that possibility.

But I'm thinking to use this concept with 3 different system: 4-1-4-1 (or 4-1-2-2-1) but also a 4-4-1-1 (or 4-4-2) and a back 3.

This is the main reason why i don't to set 3 tactics with the same system.

Ivan that makes perfect sense - you wish to create a "base" tactic which you will then slightly amend with different player roles or duties depending on who you are playing against or the player you wish to play in a certain position.

4141 or 41221 can both work, however you are concerned about wide players tracking back to help defensively. This will come down (primarily) to the mentality, player duties and player attributes. For example, if you set an attacking mentality, with a raumdeuter at AML/R and the player has a low work rate, that player will not track back very much. However if you set a defensive mentality (remember - defensive can still be very attacking!), an Inside Forward (support) and a player with a high work rate, he will very much help out defensively.

In a 4141 you should see players tracking back a little more than in a 41221 as the formation you see is your defensive shape. However, mentality, roles, duties and player attributes still play a large part.

So in short, choose your mentality carefully for your base tactic, then simply tweak the player roles and/or duties.

The only time I would consider having a second tactic set up is if for some reason I wanted to play in a completely different style to my base tactic. For example, a different formation with different TIs, mentality, team shape and so on.

Archived