FMT IPad Air 2 - Create a Club

Hi, was wondering if someone could help me with a couple of problems I'm having with create a club on iPad Air 2.

1) I am trying to create AFC Croydon Athletic in the Confernce South. Currently the name is 2 letters too long for a club name on iPad. Is there any plans to update this for longer names? Also if I just choose 'AFC Croydon' or 'Croydon Athletic' it says that I can't use a name that already exists.

2) I have used the 'erase' app on iPhone to make the background of my clubs logo transparent. However when I upload the image in game when creating a club, the image uploads with a black background behind the logo. Could anyone advise on this?

Thanks a lot

Hi, was wondering if someone could help me with a couple of problems I'm having with create a club on iPad Air 2.

1) I am trying to create AFC Croydon Athletic in the Confernce South. Currently the name is 2 letters too long for a club name on iPad. Is there any plans to update this for longer names? Also if I just choose 'AFC Croydon' or 'Croydon Athletic' it says that I can't use a name that already exists.

2) I have used the 'erase' app on iPhone to make the background of my clubs logo transparent. However when I upload the image in game when creating a club, the image uploads with a black background behind the logo. Could anyone advise on this?

Thanks a lot

Hi,

In terms of longer club names, could you add this to the wish list thread please? The fact that you can't create AFC Croydon or Croydon Athletic will be down to the fact that they are already existing clubs and you can't have the same name as them. (You could always try Croydon United, Croydon FC etc :) )

With regard to the images you're creating, we do support transparent images so it sounds like it might be to do with the app that you're using. I'd try using another app or program to create the image

Hi Dave, will add the request to the wish list.

With regards the logos, the image is definitely transparent and it seems to appear that way if opened / sent to a PC. It just seems to be a problem when it is saved in my camera roll on the iPad.

Is there an alternative way of uploading logos on create a club other than through the iOS camera roll? Alternatively, have you had success uploading transparent images from camera roll?

(I have ensured is saved as a PNG and not a JPEG)

Can you get an image from the internet that already has a transparent background and try that? That will allow us to rule out the Erase app being a problem.

If it's still a problem, would you be able to upload your image somewhere so we can investigate it here?

I tried with an Arsenal badge I found on the Internet that had a transparent background (the background is grey / white squares to indicate transparency)

I saved the badge to my camera roll and when I uploaded it to my create a club it still loaded with a black background.

I have been trying to get either of the two badges below to work:

http://imgur.com/a/afIBW

(Not sure if that link will work for the uploads as have never done that before!)

I tried with an Arsenal badge I found on the Internet that had a transparent background (the background is grey / white squares to indicate transparency)

I saved the badge to my camera roll and when I uploaded it to my create a club it still loaded with a black background.

I have been trying to get either of the two badges below to work:

http://imgur.com/a/afIBW

(Not sure if that link will work for the uploads as have never done that before!)

I've done a bit of digging and have found this thread, I'm no good at image editing myself so I can't say for sure that it'll work but try the advice on here :)

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/444785-Help-with-badge-on-create-a-club

Thanks Dave, I also saw that thread earlier. It seems a slightly different problem as I am certain my images are 'separate' from the grey/white transparency background whereas in that case the image had been saved to include that as a square image (if that makes sense!)

I'd be interested to know if anyone has been able to upload transparent logos direct from iOS (instead of starting a FMT career on PC and transferring over to tablet)

From doing some research it seems iOS has a problem saving PNG files that are transparent to the camera roll, which is the only way to load club logos on FMT on ipad. Hoping to find a workaround / solution.

Thanks Dave, I also saw that thread earlier. It seems a slightly different problem as I am certain my images are 'separate' from the grey/white transparency background whereas in that case the image had been saved to include that as a square image (if that makes sense!)

I'd be interested to know if anyone has been able to upload transparent logos direct from iOS (instead of starting a FMT career on PC and transferring over to tablet)

From doing some research it seems iOS has a problem saving PNG files that are transparent to the camera roll, which is the only way to load club logos on FMT on ipad. Hoping to find a workaround / solution.

Sorry yeah I misunderstood before. I've done some more digging and it seems to be an iOS problem, when photos are saved or transferred to the camera roll on apple devices they don't retain their transparency. So to be honest until Apple sorts that I think it'll stay that way when creating the game on an iPad

There is a way to do this though, if you create the game on PC/Mac/Linux the image will retain its transparency. So if you then cross save it through steam, then download the save game onto your iPad it does work as the transparent image is transferred with the save! A bit of a round about route but it can be done :)

Is this solution possible with only the iOS version downloaded from the App Store ? And if I need to download again on PC I assume that means I have to pay for it again ?

As I say as far as I can see there isn't a solution to this that can be done with iOS alone due to the limitations on the OS (There may well be apps that you can download for this sort of thing, I'll keep looking into this), and yeah if you don't own FM or FMT standalone for one of those platforms you would need to buy one of them as well I'm afraid.

Archived