Tactical Familiarity Help... Please!

I'm just wondering if someone can give me a clear answer on this one...

As your team become more familiar with tactics do you your shots on target increase? I keep getting 20-30 shots but always less than 10 on target. I can't even put away CCC's. I can't understand the issue because as far as I'm concerned finishing shouldn't be affected by tactical familiarity. Surely if you're attackers have decent composure/finishing then they should be able to at least hit the target. Of course I may be wrong on this so feel free to correct me.

On the subject of tactical familiarity as well, I'm 8 games in and still "awkward". General training is set to very high in Tactical and match prep is also match tactics. I'm only training 1 tactic... Any ideas??

They aren't particularly linked, as your side become more familiar they will play together better as you'd expect but it's not a correlation of more shots on target. I'd question why you're getting shots off that high. It's not about number of chances but quality.

Tactical training in general training doesnt affect familiarity, only match tactics does. That should be set to 50% if you're trying to speed the process up.

I had to go digging for this, but have a read:

Hey all,

Some things to consider when training match tactics:

- The more you have on the go, the longer each will take.

- The more differences between each tactic, the longer they will take.

- (New manager only) The greater the difference between your tactics and the previous manager's, the longer they will take.

- Your player's attributes.

- Matches played with said tactic/s.

- And obviously how much training you put into it.

Hope that helps a little.

Seb.

Your finishing problems wouldn't be related to tactic familiarity though. You may have other issues beyond that and posting more info can get you advice on what to do.

Archived