How do I resolve these unhappy issues?

Hi Guys,

Just want to see if anyone has any ideas about resolving these issues.

Player 1 is unhappy that I didn't strengthen the squad after selling an important player. Do I just ignore him and wait for results to show it wasn't needed/I did actually improve the squad?

Player 2 is unhappy that I didn't accept a video for him after promising I would (if it met the clubs value of him). I'll let him go at the right price but the highest offer is well short of what I value him at. Again is this just a case of waiting until he either cheers up or leaves on a bosman?

Cheers in advance

• Administrators

With all unhappiness you can try and wait it out - sometimes it'll work sometimes it won't - it does depend on your results and the professionalism of the player. Bear in mind their unhappiness can cause further issues within your squad - especially if squad members agree with the player.

With the second example, it will depend how much is left on his contract. If he has a long time left you can risk it and hope the club he wants to move to (depending if he wants to move to a specific club) no longer becomes interested. However there is the chance a different big club will come along and the less time on his contract, the lower fee you'll get or as you say, risk losing him on a free.

Football Management isn't just putting players on the pitch - you have to try and keep squad harmony and make tough decisions. Good luck keeping them happy enough to keep winning games!

Time is the healer then.

Player 1 has now made peace over the sale of the midfielder. Sadly I upset him in the meantime with one of my team talks, and hes upset that I wouldnt let player 2 leave.

Player 2 is now on his way out as I managed to get the price up to a level I was happy, just waiting for the window to open again for that to go through.

Now I need to find a big strong striker to replace him.....

Thanks for the responses

Archived