Barcelona wages

2019 and ive taken charge at Barcelona. Current team is full of AI transfers. Players with 2* CA/PA on more than 200k a week. The wages that club was paying out was shocking. Messi on 500k a week? a handful on over 300k and a ton on over 200k the rest of the squad between 80 and 200. Its no wonder there wage bill for last year was 188m wtf.

Anyway. Planned to rebuild Barcelona for a couple of seasons before shifting on. First signing i tried to make was a player who excaped from the youth, Rafinha. Anyway. 55m bid accepted and he was 350k a week wages?? WTF ive never seen anything like this bit. Does anyone know if this is how it is for Barcelona or will be able to sign players for normal wages?

Thinking of reloading my old save and not taking the job.

Part of the issue is that the circumstances mean he's going to make fairly high demands. He'll want parity with what you're paying players of a similar ability and reputation and he knows with your finances you can afford to do so. This kind of rebuilding is always going to be a gradual process and you're going to have to be flexible in your approach to make it work. It's clearly something they've struggled with in real life too.

How have they performed in the last few years?

I'm not sure how well reflected this is in FM, but if a team slips in its achievements then it can very soon experience the need to overpay to attract players as it can't quite offer them the same assurances of success. The likes of Man Utd currently springs to mind (they are subsidising their declining prestige with increasing wages).

Archived