In a rut

Hello

Have you ever been on a save where it just seems to get worse when going to one club from another.

The save started well, but I moved to Leicester, it went completely wrong even though the squad was a lot better than what I left behind. Quit in the end otherwise I would've got the sack anyway.

Moved to Malaga and although I kept them up with 9 games to go, we only won twice... I have now just seen us concede 9 goals in 45 minutes against Real Madrid... Not joking.

I feel as though the game is just stuck in a mode where I will lose every game I go into, using tactics that have worked and been suggested to me by people on here in past.

I am playing 2015 as I cannot justify buying the new one until I get to grips with this properly (which I have been trying for 6 months).

Do I quit the save that is going nowhere or leave Malaga and try start again? Anyone ever feel the game just gets stuck in 'Lose' mode?

From a paranoid and depressed player.

P.S. the game finished 11-1... Never ever lost this heavily playing this game!

I've had rum times on FM15 and 16. I was sacked for the very first time on 15, and perversely l loved it. I've never tried the tactics forums because l prefer to stubbornly fall by my own mistakes, but when in a terrible rut go back to basics, uncomplicated team set up, appropriate team talks and watch on comprehensive, tweaking subtlely when necessary. Pretty soon you'll scrape an ugly but immensely satisfying 1-0 win and things pick up from there.

I've had rum times on FM15 and 16. I was sacked for the very first time on 15, and perversely l loved it. I've never tried the tactics forums because l prefer to stubbornly fall by my own mistakes, but when in a terrible rut go back to basics, uncomplicated team set up, appropriate team talks and watch on comprehensive, tweaking subtlely when necessary. Pretty soon you'll scrape an ugly but immensely satisfying 1-0 win and things pick up from there.

When you say uncomplicated tactics... I use a 4411 and only start with two shouts... nothing complicated, just work ball into box and play into space, something that has worked so well in the past. Can it get much more basic than that? I also don't like using the tactics forum but in the beginning I was getting nowhere... at least I have now gone from a conference manager to a La Liga one in 5 seasons, but the last 12 months has been a nightmare.

Hmm, you're right, that isn't too complicated but for me, when l can't buy a win, l stick a DM in there. 4-1-4-1 has usually worked for me when it comes to grinding it out, but as l say, this is purely personal preference.

Ok, might see what happens in the next game as we are not playing the two ridiculous big la liga teams next... Just glad I am not the only one !!

I cant buy a win at the minute! 1 point from 10 games with Barrow in the Premier League has dragged me in to the relegation battle after a very promising start, looking like the draw which came against Man Utd in the last of my 10 games without a win has saved me with Burnley now needed 2 wins from 2 and us to lose both, close one! Seems like my players switched off after getting to 38 points in January

FM15 is a million times easier than FM16.

I agree with that statement. I was able to win multiple Serie A titles, and win promotions in all lower level clubs I tried in FM2015. FM2016 is a different kettle of fish........AI defending and goalkeeping is too perfect. I am struggling in Ligue2 with a relegation battle every year.

Archived