Tutorial for making a complete skin

sebva

Hi,

I've wanted to make my own skin since 2014 whereas I'm not content with the newer approach SI took in developing skins. The only problem I face is I don't know where to start. I'm new to making skins and therefore was looking for tutorials and reading material, but couldn't find that much beside the great website of michaeltmurrayuk. My idea is to make a more "classic" skin like the ones of 2012/2013, and that would mean I have a lot to change.

Now in the way of design I'm find myself quite capable, its more the where, how and what should I change. Does anyone know of a resource where the full making of a skin is explained? Or via another approach; Is anyone interested in making a tutorial/post with both the views of the noob (myself) and the pro where we start building a skin and tackling al the problems one could face on the road to making said skin and explain them so they can be re-used by new members?

By all means discuss this idea and let me hear your input and stance on this topic.

Best regards,

Seb

Have a look at the links in this thread: Skinning, Modding and Graphics Bible: Football Manager 2015 Version

Its for FM15 but the basics should be the same for FM16, other than that it is a case of experimenting yourself, reading through the various other threads in the forum for ideas or if you get stuck doing something open a new thread asking how to do it.

Archived