Being offered a new contract that you think is an insult

Have won the treble with Arsenal in my first season and the board are offering me a 3 year extension on the same wage (110k pw ) as I am already on, and are rejecting any clauses or negotiations to a higher wage.

Should I not accept their proposal out of principal? Contract talks have broken down twice now and my contract is soon to expire. The club is in a strong financial position, so I'm not sure why they are unwilling to offer me any bonus' or clauses, and no wage increase.

We were 8th at Christmas time, got knocked out of the Carling Cup in round 1 by Brentford, needed countless replays in the FA cup against lower league teams, and lost first 2 games of Champs League group. However, a 45 game unbeaten run has seen us nick the title on the last day.

had the same thing at juventus,when i wanted the juventus i accepted the contract they offered 12k a week.

fast forward in the last year of contract they want me to renew for 12k again.

in the 2.5 seasons i had won seria a twice the cup twice and europa league,so i thought no sod it since players are getting 10-20 what im getting so no matter what i wanted or tried even just to get 20k nope....so i rejected it and let my contract run down

In the game my own wage means extremely little to me. If I'm enjoying managing for the club I'm at and they offer an extension I'll take any contract I can get off them. If I'm not enjoying the role I'll just move on to a new one.

I've also noticed that my current contract (which expires in a week) has a bonus for winning the Champs league, and by new offer does not. So, in spite of being in a great financial position, and winning the treble in my first season, Arsenal are offering me a worse contract.

Sometimes expressing interest in another position will spur your club to negotiate with you. And yes, manager salary is a non-issue in-game where spending is concerned, but if you're trying to play a realistic game, most managers would want to be appreciated by their employer, especially if you have access to the books and know they can afford it.

I have, in the past, moved on to take the job at a rival and then attempted to beat my old club mercilessly at every opportunity.

In my experience there's very little wiggle room in terms of managers wages when it comes to renewals or new jobs. If you could do something with the money, then it might seem more important, but it's one of those things you can just shrug at, with the fact that they're offering you a new contract enough in the grand scheme of things.

In your case, I could rationalise why you weren't given a pay rise. You underachieved for a club of Arsenal's size in both cups. You didn't mention how you did in the Champions League, but you did lose those first two games so presumably sneaked through. You did win the league though, but I'd see that as getting you a renewal rather than a pay rise. All subjective though.

Its a simulation game, of course it matter if the board offers you a better contract or not. Do you think you would in real life be accepting a poor contract when other managers would earn millions more then you pr year? Achievements should be rewarded, for players and managers.

Does not seem like SI have put much effort in this aspect of the game. Maybe in the future we will see some more exciting reward kind of contracts from the board. With bonuses and really high

wage.

But for me, there is other sections in game that needs to be better coded and looked into then the manager contract from the board.

Its a simulation game, of course it matter if the board offers you a better contract or not. Do you think you would in real life be accepting a poor contract when other managers would earn millions more then you pr year? Achievements should be rewarded, for players and managers.

In real life, yes. There's a tangible reward there. In FM, I find it personally matters little, as there is no tangible reward beyond a number on a screen. Heresy to you maybe, but there you go.

In my experience there's very little wiggle room in terms of managers wages when it comes to renewals or new jobs. If you could do something with the money, then it might seem more important, but it's one of those things you can just shrug at, with the fact that they're offering you a new contract enough in the grand scheme of things.

In your case, I could rationalise why you weren't given a pay rise. You underachieved for a club of Arsenal's size in both cups. You didn't mention how you did in the Champions League, but you did lose those first two games so presumably sneaked through. You did win the league though, but I'd see that as getting you a renewal rather than a pay rise. All subjective though.

I won the treble (league, fa cup and champions league).

If the amount of money the manager makes affects how much salary a player/agent demands from you and how highly your players respect you, then I can see myself caring about wages.

I believe SAF saying once that he refused to let players make more money than him.

I can't believe there are people who care what their wage is. I like my contract to be long and I'll always negotiate the wages down to get longer deals (not to mention taking up as little of the wage budget as possible so I can use it for players/staff; every little helps).

Is not the point with a simulation game to SIMULATE real life style of a manager? Never heard of a manager thinking like you do. But then again, i am not here to tell you how to play the game.

For me, the fun part is to actually simulate being a real manager. If i do good, i expect a good deal as a appreciation of my work for the club. Sadly, this is maybe one of the

games poorest part of the game. Why even have the contract part if it is only there to be a "show" without any meaning.

When it comes to me redoing my contract I could care what they offer me along as I get the proposed stuff I want agreed to then I stay if not then I do... For example I'm with guiseley right now so I'll ask for another senior team, an affiliate team and increase youth coaching.. If they can't agree those those 3 terms I'll be leaving... I've managed to get them in top 5 of VN when media predicted avoiding relegation... So to me doesn't matter on cost of my contract or term it's all about principals

Is not the point with a simulation game to SIMULATE real life style of a manager? Never heard of a manager thinking like you do. But then again, i am not here to tell you how to play the game.

For me, the fun part is to actually simulate being a real manager. If i do good, i expect a good deal as a appreciation of my work for the club. Sadly, this is maybe one of the

games poorest part of the game. Why even have the contract part if it is only there to be a "show" without any meaning.

It kind of does have meaning though, the length and amount affect how secure your job is.

If your contract was 5 years and £100,000 per week, you'd be afforded a lot more job security than if you had a 2 year £100,000 per week contract.

Same goes for compensation when you're approached by another club. They're less likely to approach you on a 5 year £100,000 per week deal than the 2 year version.

Yes, of course it means something.

I recently declared interest in a job, while still employed. I received a news item a few days later, indicating that my board is worried because although there will be a compensation fee involved, because of my contract it was very low. That meant it would be easy for another club to poach me.

On the flip side, it would be just as easy for the same reason, for my club to sack me if I'm not doing well.

Yes, of course it means something.

I recently declared interest in a job, while still employed. I received a news item a few days later, indicating that my board is worried because although there will be a compensation fee involved, because of my contract it was very low. That meant it would be easy for another club to poach me.

On the flip side, it would be just as easy for the same reason, for my club to sack me if I'm not doing well.

Regardless with what u said I was offered a stupid contract with decrease from 100k t0 91k, I try to simulate the game by doing a "Perfect Job" without any lose for a season and won all cups for MU (I did it without adding manager, just restart a few games I lost plus making future transfer by buying Gareth Bale from Madrid for 40M and sell Rooney there for the same amount from the editor :D then buy Romero and Zivkovic without editor help and sell Valencia, Harrera, Young and few fringe players with the help of the editor as well with their real value to French League Clubs such as Monaco etc, the league I did not play). I wait until my contract expired and no new contract for a raise was offered, always the same amount new contract for 91k eventhough Chelsea agreed to hire me LOL. Is this a bug? in FM2015 I was given a raise without even doing "a perfect job"

I am now a manager of MU with expired contract. Now that is very very realistic :rolleyes:

BTW since we got paid, I would like to sugguest FM2017 a new feature, we could buy a club and become The Jack of All Trades ;)

I managed to negotiate slightly higher contract at the start of season six as Arsenal, so it is possible. Originally offered £5.6m (about the same as op) per year, I negotiated for £6m and they (eventually, negotiated upwards in £100k increments) agreed.

That's after 5 titles, 4 Champions Leagues, 4 World Club Cups, 3 League Cups and 2 FA Cups. 5 star rep and club legend.

This seriously needs some fixing, as it is right now you will always be the lowest paid manager in the upper echelon. I would think after enough success you could get a contract that offers you a lot more security.

I don't like signing five year contracts, so I negotiate to three which apparently means the board can shave off £20,000 from my original salary.

I've gone from £54,000 (five years) to almost £30,000 (three years). I don't exactly think that is fair.

Not normally one to give a toss about how much I'm earning, but I do care about the length of my contract.

This will be the second time I've taken a pay cut to reduce the years in the contract negotiations.

I always use the 50% wage increase on my contracts, keeps me motivated to play numbers of seasons. On the 4th year of my 50% wage increase I find myself on the same amount as Pep Guardiola.

A very good idea. Thanks ghost :lol: I have a saved game after I won all competitions. Here is how it was done as to cheat the Bugs

My contract at the end of the season on May 2016

image.png

My Contract Negotiation

image.png

Board Final Proposal

image.png

My New Stupid Contract on May 2016

image.png

My Raise on June 2016

image.png

Within one month I got the wage almost the same like my previous wages and all the bonuses, Next Year I gonna be richer :lol: What a stupid bug :lol:

Archived