Poor player interaction options. Will record examples as they come up.

Keep finding that there's no way to address specific situations that arise in the game.

For example, if a player has actively asked to leave the club, then complains about a lack of first team football.

It should be possible to explain to the player that as they have agitated to leave, their place will be given to another player.

Here's another one.

Get to the end of a season.

In my game, 4 key players came to me and asked to leave at various points.

I rejected their requests, but now at the end of the season I'm happy to sell the disloyal scumbags! : )

However, when I transfer list them, surely there should be an option to tell them why they're being sold?

It doesn't allow for you to say to them "well, you wanted to leave...you've got your wish", or words to that effect.

It's all very linear. Not a great deal of flexibility in what you can say.

Season ends, there's a couple weeks before the players leave for vacation: I get a couple players, complaining about lack of playing time. My options: speak to them and tell them there will be a chance to play (which isn't going to happen until after the summer break, because friendlies don't count as "first team playing time"), ignore them and get the press question (which if you ignore, causes the player to demand a transfer and if you answer the question, results in a promise that will be broken over the summer), or deal with the "members of the team are unhappy about how you handled the request" (and by team I mean two other disgruntled players who play the same position as the whiner, and who are going to be more unhappy if you give him their playing time.)

So I take the only available option: give them a foul and nasty nickname, turn off the lights in my office, and pretend I've already left on holiday.

Here's another one.

Get to the end of a season.

In my game, 4 key players came to me and asked to leave at various points.

I rejected their requests, but now at the end of the season I'm happy to sell the disloyal scumbags! : )

However, when I transfer list them, surely there should be an option to tell them why they're being sold?

It doesn't allow for you to say to them "well, you wanted to leave...you've got your wish", or words to that effect.

It's all very linear. Not a great deal of flexibility in what you can say.

If you've had 4 key players all asking to leave in the same season, you should be concentrating on shaping up your poor man management skills rather than looking for different sentences in the interactions. :D

As your first example, I've never seen that ever. If a player hasn't been getting a game, and has asked to leave, then he doesn't complain again about first team football - unless of course, you've rejected this request then started playing him sporadically. He might well complain about your efforts to sell him of course. Do you ever check the promises tab to see what players are expecting from you after you've had a meeting.

But yeah, 4 key players in one season, that's pretty bad :p

Anyway, to add my tuppence worth, the only interaction that's really grating my gears is one I've already posted about, and one which is going to cause me to lose four young players at the end of the season through no fault of my own. Yes, it's the one where young players in your youth teams ask to go on loan, you accept this request, and actively try and loan them out only for not a single club to be interested. In the promises tab they all say they're happy you've tried to loan them out, but if you try and offer them a new contract, they're not interested as they still have an active 'concern'. And if the promise end date is after their contract expiry date, you're totally screwed.

Here's another one.

A player leaves. Another player is unhappy about it.

How is it not possible to tell the unhappy player that it was simply the other player's wish to leave?!

Surely that is the first response you'd expect to be able to give, but it isn't available.

Going to close this thread as it will turn into a bug sinkhole.

If you raise issues with interactions in the bugs forum the QA team will investigate & use any examples that are provided to help improve on this area of the game.

Thanks.

Archived