A simple and nice idea for the game

Surely someone must have already proposed something similar (I think so), but I would like to reinforce this idea that seems very interesting to me.

I personally never kept me excited for a long time playing a save in Football Manager on the grounds that the game flows excessively slow (and this has nothing to do with the performance of my computer). I know there's FM Classic ... By the way, the point here is not that.

What I'd like to see in the game is a 'fantasy mode'. Something I could pick any team and put any player I wanted in it. Build my own 'world selection'. Either two. Or three. Or twenty different custom teams. And then you could put a Custom Team 1 to play a friendly against the Custom Team 2 ... and could choose between making substitutions of the Custom Team 1, Custom Team 2 or both of them.

Better yet: There could be an option to create "fantasy competitions". You choose how many teams, if will have group stage and knockout, how many games per phase, if there will be golden goal and penalty shootout.

The I would have, for example, how to create a playoff between 4 custom teams that I chose the players and their lineups in a kind of semi-final.

Football Manager is recognized as the best football game ever seen, and I don't understand why none of this has been implemented yet. Or you never wanted to know if Neymar playing in the same team of Bale could beat a team with Messi and CR7? It would be fantastic! At least I think so.

I've done something to play this 'new way' of 'fantasy mode' in latest's verisons of the game, but it is exhausting: I had to edit two teams, removing all its players and adding those who I wanted (and even then there were problems with borrowed players), then dial a friendly between them and get on vacation... and then I could just watch the games without making the substitutions I wanted.

Sorry if this is possible in Football Manager 2016, i haven't bought the game. But someone told me that you can do something similar, but you can only pick players in the limit of the club budget...

Finally, i'm srry if i go wrong with the english. U can ask me and I can try to explain it in a better way.

And please, if i'm wrong about the place of the topic, it's not intentional. U can do what's necessary, just let me know ;)

Thanks all!

Or you never wanted to know if Neymar playing in the same team of Bale could beat a team with Messi and CR7? It would be fantastic!

Nope. Not at all. Not even remotely.

If that is your thing, that's fine, but I don't think FM is the place for it. There are other games that do that sort of thing...

The best thing to do would be to create this with the editor. It would take a little time to generate the teams, rosters, and create a balance where you could keep the teams in your on little world but it is entirely possible (I know, I made something very similar to what you describe last year).

Head over to the Editor's Hideaway for some advice if you want to create something like this.

I've done something to play this 'new way' of 'fantasy mode' in latest's verisons of the game, but it is exhausting: I had to edit two teams, removing all its players and adding those who I wanted (and even then there were problems with borrowed players), then dial a friendly between them and get on vacation... and then I could just watch the games without making the substitutions I wanted.

He has used the editor previously, just wants an easier way to do it.

Personally I don't like the idea, but I'm sure some people would.

Nope. Not at all. Not even remotely.

If that is your thing, that's fine, but I don't think FM is the place for it. There are other games that do that sort of thing...

No other game offers the number of options of players that FM offers.

So I think yes, FM can be a place for it if you stop to think that just needed a separate interface for selecting the teams and players , it's nothing too complicated.

Surely you can just do this in the editor?
The best thing to do would be to create this with the editor. It would take a little time to generate the teams, rosters, and create a balance where you could keep the teams in your on little world but it is entirely possible (I know, I made something very similar to what you describe last year).

Head over to the Editor's Hideaway for some advice if you want to create something like this.

He has used the editor previously, just wants an easier way to do it.

Personally I don't like the idea, but I'm sure some people would.

Like Norfolk says, I already did it on editor before. But like i said, it's exhausting.

To make possible a simple friendly between two custom teams is required a lot of time and patience. Imagine if I try to play a semi-final with 4 custom teams? An entire competition then? Impossible.

Besides that, i have no option of create a competition and choose if I wanna penalty shootouts, golden goal etc... (if so, it is much more complicated than playing a friendly. Consider that the friendly is already hard to do using the editor!)

Well, I consider a change not so complicated and it would bring a new style of play that would please many people and not only me. I think it would be really a wise and rewarding decision to invest in it!

Surely someone must have already proposed something similar (I think so), but I would like to reinforce this idea that seems very interesting to me.

I personally never kept me excited for a long time playing a save in Football Manager on the grounds that the game flows excessively slow (and this has nothing to do with the performance of my computer). I know there's FM Classic ... By the way, the point here is not that.

What I'd like to see in the game is a 'fantasy mode'. Something I could pick any team and put any player I wanted in it. Build my own 'world selection'. Either two. Or three. Or twenty different custom teams. And then you could put a Custom Team 1 to play a friendly against the Custom Team 2 ... and could choose between making substitutions of the Custom Team 1, Custom Team 2 or both of them.

Better yet: There could be an option to create "fantasy competitions". You choose how many teams, if will have group stage and knockout, how many games per phase, if there will be golden goal and penalty shootout.

The I would have, for example, how to create a playoff between 4 custom teams that I chose the players and their lineups in a kind of semi-final.

Football Manager is recognized as the best football game ever seen, and I don't understand why none of this has been implemented yet. Or you never wanted to know if Neymar playing in the same team of Bale could beat a team with Messi and CR7? It would be fantastic! At least I think so.

Sorry if this is possible in Football Manager 2016, i haven't bought the game. But someone told me that you can do something similar, but you can only pick players in the limit of the club budget...

Finally, i'm srry if i go wrong with the english. U can ask me and I can try to explain it in a better way.

And please, if i'm wrong about the place of the topic, it's not intentional. U can do what's necessary, just let me know ;)

Thanks all!

That is what the pregame editor is for. Aside from my legit saves, I create fantasy saves where I have different scenarios, like, what if CR7 returned to Man U? I set the transfer in the pre game editor and then start a save with Man U. I think stuff like that is a blast. Or, what would it be like if CR7 and Messi were on the same club? What if Messi played in the EPL? I create those scenarios in the pre game editor and then start a save. I don't have any in game editor. So, everything after that pregame editor point is legit. I enjoy those saves more than legit no edit ones.

Lol, oh and there is absolutely nothing "exhausting" about making a few changes in the pre game editor. It takes a couple minutes.

That is what the pregame editor is for. Aside from my legit saves, I create fantasy saves where I have different scenarios, like, what if CR7 returned to Man U? I set the transfer in the pre game editor and then start a save with Man U. I think stuff like that is a blast. Or, what would it be like if CR7 and Messi were on the same club? What if Messi played in the EPL? I create those scenarios in the pre game editor and then start a save. I don't have any in game editor. So, everything after that pregame editor point is legit. I enjoy those saves more than legit no edit ones.

Lol, oh and there is absolutely nothing "exhausting" about making a few changes in the pre game editor. It takes a couple minutes.

You like to play a intire Carrer with those scenarios. U play a save changing a few things, 1 or 2 players... So it's easy. To edit only 2 teams I don't spent less than 30 minutes on it. Imagine 4, 8 or 16 teams?

I'm talking about to play a fantasy competition with 4, 8, 16 or 32 absolutely custom teams, with any players I want.

Without training stuffs

Without transfers windows

Without all those complexities

I'm talking about just pick the players, build the teams and watch them playin to see who'll to the next phase. (So, this involves yet the setup of the competition like i said before: I want golden goal or not, for example?)

And this configuration of the competition form's is the main subject.

How it can't be a nice thing for the game???

How it can't be a nice thing for the game???

Because some people have different opinions than you. It seems like an incredibly finicky mode for very little benefit, which would obviously take massive resources away from things that I personally believe matter a lot more.

The fact remains that you have the tools to be able to do exactly what you want to do. The point that it's slow or tedious doesn't really matter - if they want to go after making certain editing tasks easier, I can think of a lot more I'd rather they do than this.

I had a similar idea.

Basically an in-game Fantasy Manager.

Where you'd pick your fantasy team based on the performance of players in the league/world.

Same as fantasy prem league stuff.

But with players in the game.

I felt this approach would give you a score on players based on goals/assists/bonuses/yellow-red cards/ etc.

Plus it would give you an indication of the best players in the world or playing well.

Archived