PC specs - what really matters?

I would like to discuss about the impact of PC specs of FM 2016 performance.

- i5 or i7 makes a difference for the number of leagues playable at a decent speed?

- having 16GB RAM instead of 8GB RAM helps with loading time or during the match?

- which are the specs to have play the match flawlessy at full details and in Full HD? GTX970 for desktop or 980M for laptop are enough?

Sorry I can't answer you but I just wanted to add I'm also interested in finding out this information but also in addition to what you put what type of laptop would be the best to get everything you asked for but also be able to use a software such as Osb to record a diary type thing of your FM saves

i5 and i7 can make a difference.

Most i5's are dual core, some are quad core.

Most i7's are quad core, some are dual core.

It really depends on the processor model number.

For example there could be an i5 quad core @2.3ghz (base frequency) with turbo boost to 2.7ghz

And you might see an i7 processor that's 2.5ghz with turbo boost to 2.8ghz - but it might only be dual core.

In that case I'd recommend the i5 over the i7.

For FM

Processor Model No. - whether it's quad core or dual core, and if it's a decent base frequency.

(Example, an i7 with a 1.8ghz would be less superior than an i5 processor with a 3.0ghz base freqency (turbo boost to 3.4ghz)

Graphics card if you want to play 3D matches on a High Level.

Then if 3d isn't important you can probably sacrafice the Graphics Card.

However, if you want 3D graphics - then the model of Graphics card is necessary to know how well it work.

RAM - recommend a minimum of 8gb RAM

Find processor model number, paste it into Google and add the word benchmark. Go to resulting site, pick the one with the biggest number.

Not quite that simple of course, but the more powerful the processor the better your performance will be. The rest usually falls into place. RAM is usually pretty cheap, and most decent mid-range laptops will come with a graphics card that's good enough to cope. Any with dedicated VRAM will easily cope.

Most i5's are dual core, some are quad core.

Most i7's are quad core, some are dual core.

In laptops, yes, in desktops not really. Most modern i5 desktop processors are 4 core and the newest lines of desktop i7's are all 4 cores/8 threads. Not sure if extra threads help that much in FM though.

As for the graphics card question, both 970 and 980M are ridiculous overkill for FM. 970 can play pretty much every single game on maximum settings in 1080p. FM will probably be smooth as silk on the newest integrated Intel solutions, never mind dedicated cards.

In laptops, yes, in desktops not really. Most modern i5 desktop processors are 4 core and the newest lines of desktop i7's are all 4 cores/8 threads. Not sure if extra threads help that much in FM though.

As for the graphics card question, both 970 and 980M are ridiculous overkill for FM. 970 can play pretty much every single game on maximum settings in 1080p. FM will probably be smooth as silk on the newest integrated Intel solutions, never mind dedicated cards.

Extra threads do help in FM - FM will use as many as necessary. The more you have the more it will use when it needs to.

970 and 980m are overkill for now - but who knows what FM20 will bring...

Archived