Game update following January transfer window

This is the first FM I'm playing from the date of release so I have little idea how these transfer updates work.

Does it mean that players that have transferred in January will be available at the club from the start of the 2015/16 season?

What about free agent signings in lower leagues as well, are they reflected from the original game start date?

Essentially, I was wondering if the update made it so the 2015/16 start date in-game is accurate to the corresponding real life day or to "February 1", 2016?

The date the game starts when creating a new game stays the same as it is now for example.. just that all the new transfers and other data updated is in the game from the start...

So teams will have their updated squads from the very start at the same date as it is now in game i.e 2015..

Starting NEW saves: For maximum realism after the February patch including a database update, start the game in February 2016 (using a nation where that's allowed). You can then choose to take over a team at that point, or fast forward (holiday) to June/July 2016 and start there. I don't know how you all feel about this, but for me, starting a save in July 2015 with players included in the team that shouldn't be there untill next January is just ... wrong. That's why I do one of two things: Install the February patch without the database changes (that is still possible, right?), or include the updated database but then delay my new save start to June/July 2016.

Archived