difficulty signing good players

I usually like to dip my toe in first play through playing with Chelsea, this is my first go of the touch game, I usually stick to mobile, anyways I've struggled signing any good players due to apparent clubs lack of ambition? Now first season I kind of understand they may not want to play for an unknown manager, I can live with that assuming that's the reason. But onto the 2nd season I'm still struggling, despite winning all 4 domestic cups (Inc shield) and losing to real Madrid on away goals in the quarters of the CL. Again still fairly unknown I get that but surely money would sway some players but you can't even make a contract offer. I set all board expectation targets to win, except the CL I set to reach final.

Any tips appreciated, although I'm enjoying the game it's quite frustrating not getting farely realistic targets, Dybala is the main one I've struggled with as with Ricardo Rodriguez, although he seemed scripted to join arsenal everytime as I booted the game a few times with different board objectives and settings.

Bit long winded but thanks to anyone who reads.

Ps players that get things like PR or IPR next to them, does that affect anything or can you perhaps counter act it? I know it's press release based but seems a bit iffy if it's not there for a reason?

Some players will never switch teams, when they can play every match. But....

What i do is scout a lot. Sometimes, like in real life, something happens. And at that point i try to buy the player. Dybala would be one year with Juventus in your Chelsea game. If you tried to sign him at the start of your game, thats not working. He just signed for the club.

If he playes regular i cannot see why he would switch. When Juventus will sign a lot of strikers, you might have a chance. Or if they fire a manager. Or if Juventus sucks in their league?! Almost impossible.

Scouting is the key!

ps Those press things are super important if you want to get a player. Players get unhappy if bids are rejected every time. They might want to leave from the current club. Or reason x.

Archived