Youth Squad Questions - Hyundai A-League

Hi There,

I bought the full game last night and am playing with Central Coast Mariners. This is my first time playing and I'm still learning the game. I'm tipped to finish last - but I won the first league game of the season! I'm pretty chuffed - I've hired some good back-room staff to have the best in the league!

My assistant coach whom I snapped up from Holland is only earning a pittance compared to every other staff member - but he's so much more helpful than the guy I started with who was earning nearly twice as much! I keep trying to offer him more money but he refuses to enter into new contract negotiations... So I just have to watch him starve on a meager wage that would hardly cover the rent of a Central Coast apartment... :-\

I've even had a marquee player fall into my lap! A 4-star 18 year old on loan from our affiliated club - Everton! I also signed Luke Wilkshere on a free - and he scored the winning goal in my first league match.

Anyway - now that I've got my excitement out of the way - that I just had to share - a few Youth Squad questions.

I signed a few youth squad players, and offered them youth contracts. According to the HAL rules, I'm allowed to have as many Youth Players as I want. So I registered 23 senior players but kept my youths in the squad for more options. In the lead-up to the first game, I signed a new Youth Player on a Youth Contract, yet I was asked to re-register my squad. And to my dismay - I was forced to release some of the youth signings and pay $80K compensation for each. One of them was a 16-year old 3 and a half star Wunderkid who I came across in one of my pre-season games.

However, I was able to just re-sign him again, and there are no issues. Has anyone come across this before - is it a bug or did I do something wrong?

Also, I want to try and edit the Youth Squad tactics and set their starting line-up for the next match. I think that the Youth Coach is making some wrong decisions in who he chooses to play. However I can't edit the formation of the tactic - it seems to be copying the same one I'm using in the main squad - is there a way to edit this?

Archived