Taking Notes in/for FM

Hi everyone

I haven't managed to find a similar thread on here via search so apologies if this has already been done before.

I'm wondering how the rest of you take notes on your saves and I thought this could be a great opportunity to share methods so we can all improve our own game experience.

Method

• Do you use the Notebook facility within the game (I don't think this is available on FMT mode)?
  • Do you use your own physical notepad?
  • Do you use Excel?
  • Do you use a separate tablet/phone?
  • Do you use a specific app to take notes?
  • Do you not take any notes at all?

Purpose

• To help organise tactics and training
  • To record transfer targets and squad requirements
  • Any others

To kick this off, I usually keep notes to plan attribute requirements for each position within my tactic, record no.of players vs available squad positions and to organise training.

A few years ago I used to have quite detailed spreadsheets for each save recording a lot of data. More recently some of the screens in FM and the ability to add columns has taken away a lot of the need for me.

Now I tend to just have a single spreadsheet with basic details such as position & approx ability just to help me understand the balance of my squad while possible transfers I tend to scribble down on a notepad.

I use the windows notepad to list the priority of positions for potential transfers over the summer, especially in the lower leagues where I have a high turnover of players.

I also use it to make a note of the duties of my retiring staff, so I know where to assign their replacements.

I use my iPhone notepad on Youth Intake day, I record a few recommended players by the HOYD's personality and coaching style, I note key things in the intake game. Players over 7.5 I note down and write a small paragraph on how they played. (This is all before checking who's got great potential and who hasn't) I find myself attached to the players from noting how they played and usually sign them even if they're not the greatest of player.

Same goes for scouting/signing a player. If I want to spend money I'll get scout reports off 2-3 scouts, I'll then use that information to compare the two and finally I attend one of the games there playing and note everything that the player does in that match

I use my iPhone notepad on Youth Intake day, I record a few recommended players by the HOYD's personality and coaching style, I note key things in the intake game. Players over 7.5 I note down and write a small paragraph on how they played. (This is all before checking who's got great potential and who hasn't) I find myself attached to the players from noting how they played and usually sign them even if they're not the greatest of player.

Same goes for scouting/signing a player. If I want to spend money I'll get scout reports off 2-3 scouts, I'll then use that information to compare the two and finally I attend one of the games there playing and note everything that the player does in that match

Great ideas there and I like your style! I've got a Chief Scout role going in a Hayes & Yeading save if you're interested

Archived