Trying to re-create the 4-4-2 (rough) Diamond with Liverpool...

Hi AllRed

Just thought I'd update you with my version of this.

I've been playing pretty much the set up you have in post #42 with the following exceptions...

Mentality/Shape is Attacking/Fluid

Have been playing a CF(S) & Treq up front (but just about to experiment with a CF(S) & F9)

My AP(A) is in the AMC slot

I have a WB(S) on the left & am using a SK(S)

TI wise, I have a High line and high closing + Roam & Run at Defence. I also have Low Crosses (personal preference). I find with these and the Attacking Mentality, I don't need to up the tempo or width + the defenders should re-cycle the ball in this mentality defer to the DLP, hence I don't see much hoofball, so am happy not to have Play out of Defence.

Generally it's going well, but still get the odd result when I can't break trough.

Variations I use occasionally are...

Changing the DM to DM(D) when oppo play an AMC - the MCL then takes on the DLP role (as DLP(S))

Using "Hit Early Crosses" to get the ball to the front 2 quicker - as a side benefit it also helps the WB's not lose the ball by being outnumbered on the flanks.

If I need to flip to a 433, the AP(A) goes left, the Treq right (and becomes a Ram) and the CF stays up top.

Thanks Alinp,

I've actually noticed that I'm struggling to beat the bigger sides at the moment, few too many draws. However I've been the better side against most of them and have had alot of chances in those games. I think I need a properly set-up 433 aswell that I can switch to quickly in game. I do like the thought of a sweeper keeper but no chance is Mignolet getting that role so I'll leave that as something to ponder for next season. Also, not playing of defence, makes me think maybe the ball might be distributed quicker to my DLP(d) if I take that TI off.

Anyway results for December...

op8LSPY.png?1

Also made 2 signings.

fCKX2J5.png?1

Delle Ali - can't believe Spurs let him go, will be a great Henderson protege with very good attacking prowess.

I2OSK6H.png?1

Borja San Emeterio - A young backup to Clyne, who can slot in for him when he is knackered.

g8Izg3j.png?1

Archived