Why is my players value plummeting?

I've got a central defender who despite being highly rated in a team finishing second in the EPL, achieving an average of 7.25 and with a rating of 3.5 stars has seen his value drop month on month

He's 31 with another 2 years still to run on his contract, has played in 37 games this season, and is currently courting the interest of Man U.

With this is mind why is his value so low at just £1.4m?

I can only think it must be something to do with his CA/PA, but if he's really that bad why would he be so highly rated by every single coach and why would he be playing so well?

It has me stumped but one things for sure; it's going to be very annoying when man u come in with the usual pathetic AI bid, and the player gets in a huff because I won't sell him for peanuts!

Player reputation, form, international caps, CA/PA all play a factor. Some players start with a fixed price similar to real life football, for example Benteke starts around £25-30m because thats what Liverpool paid but during the season his value drops. Same with many other players

Has he recently turned 31? It is possible that the code used to determine the player's displayed value includes old elements that drop the value once a player reaches an age that only a few years ago was considered to be too old for anything other than a nominal transfer fee.

Archived