League that does not allow draws

nhl-mmv-gc

I have been trying to find a way to make a league that does not allow draws and instead will send the tied teams into extra-time and then penalties if needed. I have been unsuccessful so far in finding out how to make it work and was wondering if anyone else knew how to make this happen.

I have been editing Major League Soccer as a test run and changed under the league settings of all groups the match rules used. I set it to 'Extra time', 'Golden Goal' and 'Penalties'. After a quick run-through, MLS still allows ties. Even adding on the points awarded for each type of win (3 win, 2 ext. time win, etc.), FM still does not recognize what I am trying to do.

Anyone have any ideas to making this work?

under stages

league settings

just below sub rules

did you tick match rules

I have a pre season comp I created that use a straight to pens option after normal time if teams are level

I have allocated the points for comp to be 3 for win 2 for pen win 1 for defeat in pens it works fine

The advanced rules I edited was this:

List > Major League Soccer (2014) > Stages > Stage 0 - grou (Group) > League Settings (All Groups)

I then ticked 'Match Rules', like you said, right below sub rules, and ticked 'Extra Time', 'Golden Goal', and 'Penalties'.

Edit: Wait, I didn't try it with the 2015 data file, hold up.

Archived