Strange Media Predictions

Sorry if this is already on another thread, couldn't see it obviously queried.

I've got a career save with Lincoln City and I'm just about to begin my 4th season in charge (5th season in terms of the game as I went on holiday for the first year). I was offered the job as Lincoln were about to play in the Conference South having been relegated in 24th place the season before, here is a summary of the media's preseason predictions so far and where I actually finished...

2016/17 VNN Predicted 1st finished 2nd (won in play offs)

Makes sense, probably the biggest club in the division and recently relegated so to be predicted top isn't too unrealistic.

2017/18 VNL Predicted 21st finished 14th

Again makes sense, newly promoted, finished a distant bottom the last time the side were in the division so a relegation position feels about right.

2018/19 VNL Predicted 21st finished 4th (lost in POSF)

Here it starts to go odd...the previous season we'd actually been closer to the play offs than relegation, only a late season dip in form caused us to finish as low as we did but surely that shouldn't have led to us being tipped to go down? Now it gets weird...

2019/20 VNL Predicted 22nd

How does that work then? Surely after last season we should be tipped to finish in mid table at the very least, not for relegation?

I know this is a very minor gripe in the grand scheme but annoying little things like this really let the whole game down in terms of realism. Is this a common issue or just a strange one off in my save?

Yeah the media predictions work off of the CA of your players and the reputation of your club along with a couple of other factors, although it is odd that it's moved you backwards in the predictions after 2 good seasons

Could you send us your save so we can have a look?

Archived