Your most effective playing style.

Title says it all folks. What is your most enjoyable but effective style of play on FM16?

Mine is possession but not bothering about attacking constantly but to pass, pass, pass. Bit like tika taka (yet to master completely).

Controlled aggression. Possession is around 50-55%, pass accuracy is around 80-85%. willing to lose the ball in the right areas to create chances. Don't focus on creating CCCs but on good half chances or better.

Controlled aggression. Possession is around 50-55%, pass accuracy is around 80-85%. willing to lose the ball in the right areas to create chances. Don't focus on creating CCCs but on good half chances or better.

This is usually my goal playing style as well although I'm not so specific with it. A little bit unnerving when you're managing a top 5 caliber team and routinely only getting about 50% of possession, but I find it to be the most effective.

Much the same for me.

I don't usually go to either extreme. Most recently I've had a 'normal' 4-4-2 narrow diamond that brought huge success. It didn't focus on possession (I'd usually edge it at about 52-53%) or counter attacking but it was no nonsense, hard tackling.

In the last few games, I've changed to a possession style 4-4-1-1 and averaging closer to 60% a game, while winning by 2 or 3 goals, so it's quite enjoyable to watch. The change came toward the end of the season, so familiarity is only just above 50%. I can't wait for the players to adjust fully.

I've found a 5-4-3 WB that works wonders for me. I play slow, with retain possession yet I never have more possession than the AI. Scoring tons from through balls despite this. Loving it.

I'm not surprised that playing with 12 outfielders works wonders!

I run with a 4-2-3-1 and settle for no less than 60% possession, think I'm obsessed with possession. I play with wingbacks and really high defensive line, closing down much more and pin them into there own half, that's the strategy.

I once played a game with 75% possession, but my dream target is closer to 90. Obviously that will be very difficult and probably will never happen.

Archived