EPIHL- Ban for fighting

Just noticed two players have been suspended for fighting, this is not a rule in the English Premier League.

What did the news story and the game commentary say on the ban? Were they given game/match penalties? (I always muddle up the terminology as to which is game and which is match...)

A match penalty results in an automatic suspension (according to the EIHA Disciplinary Rules a match penalty for fighting results in a 2 game suspension). I don't however know when a fight would be deemed worthy of a match penalty. I haven't played in the EPL since fighting was fixed - is this a one-off or is it the case that every fight is resulting in a match penalty?

• 4 weeks later...

Yes this is definitely a bug. It seems every fight (wrongly) results in a match penalty and a suspension. Unlike the other IIHF leagues, the UK doesn't give match penalties for fighting unless there's some sort of serious/aggravating factor or it's a player's third fight of the game.

Yes this is definitely a bug. It seems every fight (wrongly) results in a match penalty and a suspension. Unlike the other IIHF leagues, the UK doesn't give match penalties for fighting unless there's some sort of serious/aggravating factor or it's a player's third fight of the game.

Once again, same for the KHL

Archived