Highlights and commentary master or slave?

First of all I love this game and has been one of my favourite franchises for years. Good job.

But I have a question that's been bugging me.

On FM Touch, during a match, does the commentary commentate the highlight footage? Or does the Highlight footage commentate the commentery?

What I mean is, I have a team full of players with high stats, I.e. By no means CRAP players... But whenever, say, my striker or a winger gets into a shooting position, especially 1 on 1 with the keeper, they never seem to shoot, and wait for the defender to catch up and dispossess them. Likewise when the last thing for my wingers to do is cross or square the ball to a wide open striker, they wait for a defender to close them down and dispossess. This happens ALLLLL the time and is very frustrating, regardless of how good the player is.

So this leads me to believe the "highlights" aren't the real game, but just really CRAPLY show what the commentary is saying. Because in the premier league, in real life, no matter how good or bad a player is, one on one with the keeper he would attempt to finish 9/10 times... Score or not.

If the highlights follow the commentary, it's just not worth watching in my opinion...

Any thoughts?

Archived