Player position/duty/role

Need a new formation, S is goal shy (for me), he has just been on Int duty and bagged a hat-trick.

Can i see what position/duty/role he was playing ? (i can see position on formation screen, S), but not eg.Def. Forward/Defend etc.......

thanks

Surprised we at fm16 and this isnt in the game !!

I think it's absolutely crucial that this isn't in the game. IRL each manager gives his players particular instructions which, obviously, are never revealed to the opposition at any point. You have to work this out by watching the match.

For me, the roles/duties aren't on/off switches that can be gauged, they're a quick way of giving individual players general instructions, and being able to see an opposing manager's team instructions before the match would be a serious game-breaker and I certainly wouldn't want that available in the game.

I think it's absolutely crucial that this isn't in the game. IRL each manager gives his players particular instructions which, obviously, are never revealed to the opposition at any point. You have to work this out by watching the match.

For me, the roles/duties aren't on/off switches that can be gauged, they're a quick way of giving individual players general instructions, and being able to see an opposing manager's team instructions before the match would be a serious game-breaker and I certainly wouldn't want that available in the game.

This is how I see roles too, they are purely a label for a set of instructions... and seeing any other managers instructions would be odd to say the least.

i agree, not to see opposition or other roles/duties.....etc.

But im sure my own player can tell me his instructions he had set, on Int duty for instance, makes sense tbh

But these instructions were not the only thing that made him perform. He was playing in a different team, against different opposition, under an entirely different tactical setup. Louis Van Gaal asking Wayne Rooney if Roy Hodgson used him as a Trequartista or a DLF (A) during a midweek international would not make any impact on how Manchester United performed the following Saturday.

But these instructions were not the only thing that made him perform. He was playing in a different team, against different opposition, under an entirely different tactical setup. Louis Van Gaal asking Wayne Rooney if Roy Hodgson used him as a Trequartista or a DLF (A) during a midweek international would not make any impact on how Manchester United performed the following Saturday.

Good sensible response, accepted, case closed, thanks.

Now let me play Mamadou Sakho as an Enganche !!!!!

Archived