Holland first division (jupiler league) relegation

The relegation rules in the jupiler league (the first division) are wrong.

The competition in the season 2015-2016 has 19 teams after the withdrawel of FC Twente B. But in the season 2016-2017 the competition will be played with 20 teams again (the highest ranked B-team will be promoted, this will probably be Feyenoord B).

Situatie before 2016

The winner of the final of the amateure championship had the choice to be promoted to the jupiler league (first division). If this winner decided not to use this, the runner-up had this choice. In this situation the number last of the jupiler league (first division) was relegated. If both teams decided not to be promoted, the number last the jupiler league (first division) maintained its position. In effect only Achilles and FC Oss decided to be promoted the last years due to strict financial rules and rules concidering the accommodations..

This season 2015-2016

No relegation in the jupiler league (first division). The best ranked B-team will be promoted, this will probably be Feyenoord B.

Season 2016-2017 and the future

The jupiler league (first division) will have 20 teams. Promotion and relegation will be mandatory.

Here you can see the new pyramid: http://bin617-01.website-voetbal.nl/sites/voetbal.nl/files/infographiclandelijkedivisie.pdf

Btw. Im playing FM Touch and all this fuzz because i like to start as being myself with very low reputation and experience. So the only clubs where I can get to work are just promoted clubs (from the amateures). In FM2014 there was flow of amateur clubs that gained promotion to the jupiler league (first division). In my last game of FM2016 i was very dissapointed this was not the case. Can you please make it work? Or is it possible with the editor in FM Touch (i dont have time to play the full game)?

Thanks in advance. If you need more screens/sources i can provide!

Btw 2. I have asked the Holland Football Association about the future promotion / relegation rules between the jupiler league (first division) and the amateurs. Since i can't find any specifics about play-offs or whats however.

Archived